Intermittent Remote Locking failure 02 SE

Here’s an odd one. Sometimes my remote locking will only work with the key virtually touching the drivers door glass, this is usually when the car is at home. When I am out it has been fine (so far) and will open the car from up to about 20 feet away. I have changed the battery for a good new Durcell one and no change, I only have one working remote key now.

Has anyone had anything similar? Ideas?

The car has had all new door locks fitted by Nissan recently under their product recall but the locks all work fine and on the key and will open and close no problem, also when the remote is working no problems.

Its weird I took it out the other day and did a fair few stops locking and unlocking it through the day with remote no problems at all, I drove on to my drive and it stopped working completely. Drove it round the back to park it and it was key on glass again, an hour or so later it was working fine.

Beats me.
:down:

PS
Does anyone know where I can get new micro switches for my broken key fob?

Im getting a '52 micra with central locking soon, whats this about a recall?!

Have you spoken to a nissan dealer about it?

Ta!

Micra Recall

Hi

Yes there is a product recall by Nissan to replace all the door locks, I am not sure how far back the recall reaches but mine was included as a 2002. Nissan took the car back and changed all four-door locks (mine being a five door, tailgate not changed) free of charge, so I didn’t argue. They change the locks because there is an issue where they will not latch a problem I actually had earlier in the year and had to call the RAC out.

I did speak to them about my locking problems and said yes if it was anything they did it would be a free fix but if not the 70 quid + vat (ouch) to look at and being intermittent difficult to recreate on demand and therefore difficult to solve.

So if your getting a 52 plate check to see if its had the locks changed and if not contact your local dealer to arrange fitting.

I must say was surprised and impressed to have the recall on a 5-year-old car, well done Nissan.

Cheers.

try re coding both remotes, sometimes this helps. search for the guide, it's on here somewhere:)

Back