Intermittent problem, ingnition switch 'ON' indication

Hi I'm a newbie here so be gentle :).
This prob' has been going on for over a year, sometimes the car (Auto SE with Intelikey)insists I havn't turned off the ignition and won't let me lock the car. The 'beebeebee beep beebeebee beep beebeebee beep' is driving me mad.
I've had the electrical switch assembly which goes on the back of the ignition switch changed butthe prob is still there intermittently. It would cost a fortune to put it in to a dealer for diagnosis as they'd just randomly change everything.
I design electronics and write software for a living, I'd like to get my hands on the person who wrote the software for this. I just want to lock the car:down:
I'm guessing maybe a bad contact/poor earth near one of the multitude of control boxes?
Anyone got any experience or ideas about this?
Cheers
Del

If you're getting it after you switch the ignition off, surely the problem is with the button you have to press to move the key/switch/knob thing back to off?

I don't know if that would have been changed with the rest of the switch. Is that button working - as in, does the switch refuse to go to off until you push the button in, then goes to off when you press it?

If you're getting it after you switch the ignition off, surely the problem is with the button you have to press to move the key/switch/knob thing back to off?

I don't know if that would have been changed with the rest of the switch. Is that button working - as in, does the switch refuse to go to off until you push the button in, then goes to off when you press it?
Cheers,Hard to tell from the wiring diagram, but I think the push part of the switch is pall part of the rotary bit too.
But I have the old switch, I shall take it to bits and have a look.
Cheers
Del

Back