interior overhaul

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
as some of you know i have just finished making new door trims which i get back from the upholsters tomrow, but now that there done im onto the next stages of making he micra interior a little bit more exicting.
today i made up a few covers to go beside the tranny tunnel to cover up all the wires and crap i am so sick of seeing. i have just made the skelton i will be fibreglassing a more exicting shape but here is it as she stands.

passenger side still got to make one more side for this one

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
drivers side

Attachments

• 41865.jpg
    41865.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 35

smidge

» CMF Member
the one on the drivers footwell is gonna give you the royal ****s cause you got nowhere to rest your foot easy

seems minor but it makes a bit of a difference, you could try get a factory foot rest of a series 2 micra

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
hey guys i got the door trims back today they are rad cept i really have to colour code everything else in the interior cuz it jus dont look right with grey and light brown heres some pics will post more after i painted dash and plastics

Attachments

• 41905.jpg
    41905.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 31

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
sportsclassic WROTE:

"Get some pulsar brakes, they will acceptable under those wheels!!<BR>What size rims are they??
there 17 inch rims and i will look into the pulsar brakes

smidge WROTE:

"the one on the drivers footwell is gonna give you the royal ****s cause you got nowhere to rest your foot easy<BR><BR>seems minor but it makes a bit of a difference, you could try get a factory foot rest of a series 2 micra

yeah ive been driving around with it on the past few days and it isnt that bad the only resonably easy to rest your foot etc but thanks for the concern and i will pay attention to it the next few days while i drive

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Love the car looks great, 17's are hugh on a micra but you pull it off nicely. So what is the door cards covered with? It would be good to see the dash in the same colour. The door cards look very neat but will be better when you paint all the plastics on the door.

Are you going to do the chrome vents and stuff like that? Something i've thought about myself aswell.

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
Tony WROTE:

"Love the car looks great, 17's are hugh on a micra but you pull it off nicely. So what is the door cards covered with? It would be good to see the dash in the same colour. The door cards look very neat but will be better when you paint all the plastics on the door.<BR><BR>Are you going to do the chrome vents and stuff like that? Something i've thought about myself aswell.

yeah i seen 17s on one other micra and i didnt like at all but they make my car. the doors are covered in vinyl i am still deciding wether to cover the dash in vinyl or paint it the same colour.
well there will be chrome incorpirated somewhere but not sure where prob new chrome window winders and just chrome highlights i want it to mostly be the colour of the trim and a darker brown like i saw in the most recent editionof hot 4's magazine with the nissan pulsar looks very slick

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
well i did some more work today on the covers, i started from scratch with both passenger and drivers cuz they wernt good enough.
i also tore the carpet off the lower console cuz the previous owner put it on there, only to find holes so i filled them in with body filler and sanded.
these will be covered in either carpet or vinyl undecided yet in a darker brown to the door trims.
i am having trouble mounting them any ideas???
cheers guys

Attachments

• 41945.jpg
    41945.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 47

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
i went to my painter today as well as the back is all peeling off, and im tossing wether to shave the rear handle or paint it again, ideas, opinions?
well guys inbetween working from 7am-1pm and 6pm-11pm i got some work done.
i figured out how im going to mount the covers i am going to cut them in half bondo the bottom half to the detachable bottom dash part and then screw it to a bracket and the top half will be just bonded to the dash.
mayb pics can explain better
piece cut in half bottom piece shown

Attachments

• 41956.jpg
    41956.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 46

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
none of these have been sanded yet cuz i have to go earn money so i can buy more materials to keep me out of trouble lol

more updates after xmas which is like 2 days arghhhhh

merry xmas everyone and a happy new year if i dont talk before then

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
well got a little work done today drilled holes nad body filled over them to make the filler stick better to the plastic and also gave it a coat of primer filler, had to go to 2 places supercheap would sell it to me cuz im not 18 but my trusty paint shop came to the rescue.

thats one side done and dusted for the bottom part ( broken in to two parts the bottom which is attached to the bottom console and the top which is attached to the dash bottom) now onto the top part but will tackle that when i pull the dash off to paint/upholster it
now i gotta do the passenger side

Attachments

• 41988.jpg
    41988.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 31

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
hey guys xmas pressy today new fusion caip500 internal ipod dock head unit i like very much!!!
as for work in the car prob none today i gotta work today
and as for the head unit install i will most likely be getting the professionals to do that for me.

Attachments

• 41990.jpg
    41990.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 29

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
hey guys i got a little bit done i mean a little bit!!!!
started on the other side of the 'doghouse' as i now call it.
for the other side it has more curves so i cut the mdf piece into 4 bits, stuck them togther and the bondo them no snding yet ran out of time.
i also trued to install my new hu but the old wiring loom is to small so i am going to get the pros to do it for me
cheers and merry xmas

Attachments

• 41991.jpg
    41991.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 31
Back