Interior dash brake light symbol on?

the symbol that looks like (!) is constantly on illuminated in red, on my dash. When im doing over 50mph or lift off the acclerator it dissapears?

is their any particular switch that i should check, im sure this is for the handbrake, do they usually stick? if so where can i find the sensor so that i can clean it?

thank you.

Look under the drivers side of the handbreak, there is the button style switch, that controls the light. See if that is getting stuck, would be my best guess, unless its a more serious fault

this light usually indiactes a problem within the braking system so i would check brake fluid level, pad depth and the discs for any unusual signs of damage/wear and you could also take the plug out on the brake fluid resivoir and clean the contacts and reconnect it back up and see if it makes any difference as this was what the problem was on mine.

this light usually indiactes a problem within the braking system so i would check brake fluid level, pad depth and the discs for any unusual signs of damage/wear and you could also take the plug out on the brake fluid resivoir and clean the contacts and reconnect it back up and see if it makes any difference as this was what the problem was on mine.

Correct. Check your front brake pads first, they are probably very worn.

Back