Intelligent lighting

Hey guys i'am new too this forum picked the missy up a nice little.
k12 micra 1.5dci

It's got most of the gadgets like key less ignition intelligent lighting and rain sensors,
just wondering what the intelligent lighting is , am guess it's auto lights ? if so how do i turn them on auto?

Also I heard there is a fuse box under the headlight is this true? As i can't find the fuse i am looking for in the small engine bay fuse box or the one next to the obd2.

If I'm not mistaken, there are 2 types of intelligent (or friendly) lighting.

1- lightsensor, you can set the lighting to automatic and the lightsensor will switch your lighting on when it gets darker
2- whenyou've parked your car, you can give a short high beam and the lights will stay on for a short amount of time and then automatically shuts it off. Handy when your car is parked in the direction of your frontdoor for some extra light to enter your home.

Also, it's one of the K12s best features. If you leave the headlights on in manual mode and forget, the car decides you ain't coming back and turns them off for you. You cannot kill the battery by leaving lights on in a K12 (Y).

the stalk doesn't have an auto but theres a sensor on the dash board that i assumed was for auto lights. It has auto wipers for sure and the sensor for that is behind the rear view mirror.

I have an auto setting for lights on the left stalk. If you don't, you'll still have the auto-off feature I think :grinning:. When I first got my car, we were dead quiet at work and me and a mate decided to work out where the sensors were. We never did find the lights one but I stood on the drivers door sill and poured a kettle of cold water down the top of the windscreen. To say I got soaked was an understatement :laugh:.

Temp sensor?

To turn the friendly lighting on, you need to switch ign off and flash the highbeam, i think 1 flash is 30secs, 2 flash is 1 min and 3 flashed are 2 mins (i think)

Back