Windscreen wipers don't stop (Micra E - 53)

Wipers are at the 'off' position but when I turn the car on the wipers start on their own, I have worked out that I can stop them if I turn an indicator on but as soon as I turn the indicator off, the wipers start up again. But after 15 minutes driving it stops and everything is Ok. I think it's something related to wiper relay and humidity. Since wiper relay is integrated in IPDM (intelligent power distribution module) I opened it but I couldn't find any fuse or relay for wiper. Can anybody help me please?

Sounds like a short circuit somewhere, which could be caused by moisture...

It may be worth cranking up the heaters next time you drive it and have the windows open a little to dehumidify your car...

Tracked it down to moisture in the screen washer pump (Y). You can test if this is the cause by squirting the rear windscreen for a few seconds. If it stops the wipers then this is where the problem is. Remove the pump which just pulls out of tank (you do have to remove the front right headlight first, nightmare) take the pump out of the plastic housing and let it dry on a radiator overnight. I sealed mine on re-assembly with insulating tape to prevent damp getting in again.

Back