insurance

CMF_Mike R

» CMF Member
we are getting a 3rd micra for my daughter to get to uni , little red one , 1 ltr engine , no p/s , sunroof or a/c ..
£600 GBP

£1600 GBP for the insurance , with quotes of £3k to £4K GBP !!

what does it cost you ?

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
I dont insure my ride but I would expect it would be $500-$600 AUD which you quote would be about at least 8,000 AUD. Which is a joke.

Can you not just get fire and theft and not full comprehensive? It is an expendable car, once its smashed its gone for good anyway. The crumple zone is quite small.

CMF_qwerty132

» CMF Member
Hey,
I was paying $50 a month I think. It has already paid for itself including the premium. It doesn't take very much at all to write them off.

Decim8, Do you have any insurance at all? Not even Third Party??

Thanks,
qwerty

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
Nope, no insurance.. I dont recommend it at all but with my circumstance I felt it was warranted. Might get it at a later stage. Saying that my once a week car (if that) is fully insured for about $3000 a yr.

CMF_Mike R

» CMF Member
I agree if you bump the car its gone , so we have gone for a car that does not need repairing if it inspects a gate post or hedge .

as for TPFT insurance we are not finding much difference in the level of the premiums .. it seems the ins companies have us over a barrel as the ins is compulsory in the UK !!!!

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
I dont insure my cars, they just aint worth enough. BUT I do insure against the other car I may hit, or the ten car pile up I may cause one day. When I was a second year apprentice I met a guy who was paying off a house, problem was it wasnt his, he just drove his HR holden through it. Also if your car doesnt have third party property insurance and u loan it to your mate or girl and they have an accident you will be responsible in the end as the registered owner.

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
We pay around the 870 a year through Shannons with an agreed value of 7k with all the mods. We also have an excess of 500 if i crash it and 300 if the missus crashes it cos guys are more likely to crash cars.

Or so they say.

Back