Installed rev counter dash clocks, now fuel gauge reads wrong

MarcD

Ex. Club Member
I've just installed a set of rev counter dash clocks in my 95 M 1.3 LX and everything works fine except the fuel gauge is reading incorrectly. It seems to point where the old twice the size one would be pointing. The fuel gauge itself seems to be working as it's going down (as I'd expect!) but still seems to point to where the old one double the size would be pointing. It seems like it's getting the wrong signal from the fuel sender to be honest. Should this work correctly from the off or is the simple fix to swap in a fuel sender from an SR or a Super S?

I've just installed a set of rev counter dash clocks in my 95 M 1.3 LX and everything works fine except the fuel gauge is reading incorrectly. It seems to point where the old twice the size one would be pointing. The fuel gauge itself seems to be working as it's going down (as I'd expect!) but still seems to point to where the old one double the size would be pointing. It seems like it's getting the wrong signal from the fuel sender to be honest. Should this work correctly from the off or is the simple fix to swap in a fuel sender from an SR or a Super S?

Hello! I removed the speedometer to fix it yeasterday and I have got the samme error as you! Did you managed to fix it? Se my pict:
fuel-gauge-reversed.jpg

If you haven't messed with your old clocks, and the fuel guage is in roughly the same place, then simply take the plastic off, and twist that one so it's at the same position.

If not, either brim your car, and twist it up to the max, or wait for the fuel light to come on, and twist it down to the red mark.

If you haven't messed with your old clocks, and the fuel guage is in roughly the same place, then simply take the plastic off, and twist that one so it's at the same position.

If not, either brim your car, and twist it up to the max, or wait for the fuel light to come on, and twist it down to the red mark.
I checked out all connections, but I could not managed see something strange. This occured right after I cleaned off the gearbox oil, I have tried to dry everywhere it was possible. I also took out the fuel gauge and turning the needle to the max (I fisrt was at the gas station and filled it to max) but when I switched on all the contacts went the needle to the other side. I think it works reverselly becausee the first time I saw it I knew I had half a tank, then stopped the pointer exactly halfway down the other side.

If you fill it up, you need to wait for it to settle on level ground before you move it, otherwise it'll just move round to where it thinks full is. And i know my micra has a habit of the fuel guage going up, when it's going uphill, and down when going downhill.

Have you only put in the rev clocks in the dash?
cause you may be best off getting the side part where the fuel and temp guage goes, that might give you a better indication of where your temperature and fuel guage is going

Back