Installed blue LED's into roof lining...

paddymarsden

Iggy Iggy oooooooooo
Hey guys just thought i would show you my £20 LED strips that i have neatly installed into the roof lining to give me more light when im looking at a map or something...

I know they are really meant for your footwells but they work well in the roof :D and have other sequences like knite rider, flashing etc. They also do sound to light which is kinda kool.

Attachments

• IMGP1692.JPG
    IMGP1692.JPG
    232.9 KB · Views: 275
  • IMGP1693.JPG
    IMGP1693.JPG
    246.9 KB · Views: 304
  • IMGP1694.JPG
    IMGP1694.JPG
    249.8 KB · Views: 260
  • IMGP1695.JPG
    IMGP1695.JPG
    235.4 KB · Views: 276
  • IMGP1697.JPG
    IMGP1697.JPG
    262 KB · Views: 271
looking good :) can you hide them so that all you can see it the glow?

i was going to install lights under the sun visor flaps so that light glowed round the edges...

Can i just say... Why were you at PC World? There are so many cheaper places to buy computer components ;)

Back on topic, the LEDs look pretty nice :)

LMAO i never buy my components from PCW i go to that retail park to take pictures of my car because its a nice bit area near where i live.

not too keen on the under car neons sorry :p

Was it quite easy to run the cables through the roof? Do you have to remove the roof lining or anything?

dead easy to feed the wires through but i had to be careful not to rip or crease the lining as it is that sort of material...

The only think i had to do was extend the cig lighter lead and feed it intothe back of the glovebox where i had a 3-way cig lighter adapter.

So i took off the left footplate in the footwell
pealed of the rubber seal on the upper part of the door
pealed of the rubber seal to the sunroof
carefully fed the wires underneath
bout 20 min job

as said, would be better if it was just the glow - when i had mine in the foot wells they loooked the dogs ######## maybes an idea

Back