Inner tie rod play?

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Following the MOT advisory, I thought I'd take the boot off the measure the flats on the inner tie rod. I couldn't get any play yanking the hub around and decided to film it it as well. Can you see any? Also, what the hell are the blue plastic bits?! Can I get these off if I need to?

Cheers Frank, ever seen the blue plastic bits before? 'Officially' Nissan don't supply inner tie rods but I've found a company that does. Would be nice to know I could remove them if necessary.

dunno about the blue things i,m afraid mate, and the dealers like to sell a complete unit eh :rolleyes: might be worth enquiring at a renault dealer maybe ? (clio/modus)

Cheers Frank, ever seen the blue plastic bits before? 'Officially' Nissan don't supply inner tie rods but I've found a company that does. Would be nice to know I could remove them if necessary.
Hi Guy, I wonder if you could tell me the name of the company which supplies inner tie rods for the 160 SR? I have owned one for a few months now and there is some play on both inner joints but I am struggling to find replacements. It's a 2005 model. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers!

Hi Klebbie, PM me your email address and I'll forward you an email I got from a parts supplier who claims he can obtain them :).

Hate to revive an old thread but i think its worth noting that we use the same tie rods (both inner and outer) as the tiida and the note where i am those are easily accessible parts as we have poor road conditions. The brand i got is 555 out of Japan

Not sure about inners but there are definitely two types of outers. My 160SR had quite short, straight outer tie rods but most K12s seem to use quite a long outer tie rid with a kink in it.

Back