Inlet manifold

CMF_Alessandro

» CMF Member
So i have this problem the Micra TB is quite different to the Primera TB.The Micra have this plug that the Primera haven't...How i can fit all the manifold with TB and injectors?!Iwas thinking to fit only the fuel rail & injectors...What you thinking about?Please help me!Thank you!

Left Micra right Primera

Micra TB

Primera TB

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
you need to unscrew the front section of the tb and then seal it with a plate cut to size. you dont need to plug in the extra socket spare.
you do need the 1.6 ecu to make it work. or get a remap for the MAF. its good mod and will give good power increase with the bigger air inlet.

CMF_Alessandro

» CMF Member
Ok!I need to unscrew this and make a plate to seal it.I fit it on the Micra manifold or i must use the Primera one?I can fit the injectors without remap the MAF?!You have some pictures of the work done?Thank you very much for the answers!

CMF_ed.

» CMF Member
You need to remap the computer (ECU) so it knows you are running a GA16 throttle body & injectors.

Or you can use the GA16 ECU. Because the injector size is bigger you will be overfuelling and also get wrong MAF reading with the standard ECU.

Good luck and let us know how you go :)

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
yes it bolts to micra manifold, you need the 2x tall bolts from the 1.6 though. the micra ones are too short.
i fitted the injectors at the same time as the tb so dont know what its like with just micra tb. but the 1.6 tb needs the 1.6 injectors otherwise it cant get enough fuel. the 1.6 ecu is setup for the 1.6 tb maf so it makes it run ok. i dont think the 1.6 tb works at all without the ecu or MAf remap.
one other thing you need to twist one of the middle injectors 45 degrees in its slot to make room for the larger tb unit. oh and you also need to adapt one coolant hose so it fits the micra hose.
i'm not able to provide any pictures just yet.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
good job bushido.
the 1.0/1.3/1.5/1.6 ecu can all be used on the same loom as its the same connector socket. 1.6 ecu has different maf map for the TB, but the ga15 is the same as the micra/march i believe so its easier.
AT and MT no difference in loom, only in ecu.
AT has different TB bracket to MT but that is easily swapped over.

Back