inlet manifold suggestions

superls

K10 Tuner
hi all, i require some advice yet again, lol.

ive read alot about the standard inlet manifold being i huge downfall to the K10 engines and decided to have a go at making a custom one.

ive had a couple of ideas myself but i havent got the experiance that some of you lot have in this particular area, so would like a couple of suggestions from the people in the know, such as bob or speedle for instance.

things i need to know really is, materials, size, routing of the pipes etc, so yes basically everything, i have the equipment and knowledge to get my by when making one but need a little bit of direction for the design.

a couple of questions for my current design.

do all of the pipes/tubes from the carb to the individual piston inlet need to be the same length?

as ive read in places that they do and others saying that they dont providing that the volume of the pipes are the same.

cheers in anticipation superls

i think you should do a search for a few books, there is alot more to this than is perhaps realistically possible to simply write here.

I'm sure there's probably enough info on the net to get you started, stuff along the lines of how the inlet manifold works. Have a look at some other examples too, bike carb, bob's ones, just to get an idea of the similarities.

Back