Induction Kits for the 160 SR

I have noticed that there is no K&N 57i kit for the 160 SR, Has anyone else found an induction kit for the 160 SR?

I recently installed a K&N replacement filter from the Note 1.6, it has the same engine as the 160SR. But a true 57i is not available. I contacted K&N and they said they will contact me when they have one. Don't think they will ever make one though...

I recently installed a K&N replacement filter from the Note 1.6, it has the same engine as the 160SR. But a true 57i is not available. I contacted K&N and they said they will contact me when they have one. Don't think they will ever make one though...

interesting :blues: Is that Note K&N replacement filter panel any different behind the wheel ?

Sounds like a good idea. The cheapest I can find this is for £40 on ebay. Am also going to try and source a second air box from a breakers so I can drill a hole in it to fit the cold feed pipe. I am going to remove the passenger side fog light to fit the induction trumpet, as anyone else done this, thoughts etc??

It does not seem easy to replace the air box with a cone, becuase the air mass sensor sits in the pipe at the top of the air box. I have seen a replacement alloy pipe (which the sensor sits in) with a cone on the end, but it was on a japanese website which I cant seem to find again.

It does not seem easy to replace the air box with a cone, becuase the air mass sensor sits in the pipe at the top of the air box. I have seen a replacement alloy pipe (which the sensor sits in) with a cone on the end, but it was on a japanese website which I cant seem to find again.

I thought about this and was looking at fabricating a steel induction pipe. But have since ordered the K&N filter for the Note, and will drill a hole in the box to fit the cold air feed kit which I have purchased.

Just fitted my K&N panel filter and removed the rubbish air feed plastic piping and modified the air box to take a cold air feed pipe staright from the right fog lamp. The car seems to rev a little cleaner above 4,500rpm all the way to the red line, and it looks a little different to.

I had to jack the car up and undo the front splitter and under tray just to remove the fog lamp, poor design Nissan!! Has anyone else noticed that this is a real trap for crud, leaves etc? I suppose it was a ploy by Nissan for all the older Micra owners to take thier cars back to the dealership just to get the bulbs changed???

cool! good job. would be nice to see some installation pics if you have any.

Did you hack a hole into the existing airbox to attach the new intake feed, or use the previous entry point?

i was thinking of keeping the old intake as is, but modding the airbox to accept a second intake pipe, positionned like your mod.

what you think?

pgrclem

I used the original intake hole on the air box, but had to take the air box and battery out as the air box needed a bit of modifying to make the induction pipe fit flush around the plastic inlet. ( I had to hack saw the plastic bracket off at the bottom off the inlet hole, so I could fit a julbilee clip in place.)

I have tried to upload the pictures from photo bucket but have not been very successfull, any suggestions??

Here you go... ;)

MicraCold1.jpg

MicraCold2.jpg

MicraCold4.jpg

(You need to use the IMG code in the box on the bottom left of the page, rather than a link to the page itself. :) )

Thanks for sorting the pics!

Any views on my trumpet?? I have been testing the mod'd engine through all the gears and at different revs and am 99% sure it has given a good bhp increase.

I am planning to get a custom cat back S/S exhaust made up with 2 x 3" pipes exiting the centre to reduce some back presure and free up the air flow. Check my other thread to see what you think of the exhaust, company etc? As to my knowledge this is the only manufacturer offering a full exhaust system for the k12 Micra in the UK??

you've done a stand-out job on that! no doubt that work's really well.
i'm so keen to do this mod
what have you used for the polished metal trumpet? sorry i've got no idea!
cheers!

you've done a stand-out job on that! no doubt that work's really well.
i'm so keen to do this mod
what have you used for the polished metal trumpet? sorry i've got no idea!
cheers!

Thanks for the feedback. I bought the whole kit for £30 on ebay from Auto Performance Online. I use the same kit on my s14a 200sx which runs 350+bhp @ 1.4 bar with no problems or water suction from puddles :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Back