Increasing Engine compression??

Looking to get the head skimmed on the 1.2 to increase that rediculous 9.0:1 compression ratio, can anyone tell me how much i could skim off before any interference with standard cams??

Yeah sorry, interference is when the valve open up within the pistons stroke, not much use reall since they may do anyway.
So yeah before valves hit the pistons is a better question!

Looking to get the head skimmed on the 1.2 to increase that rediculous 9.0:1 compression ratio, can anyone tell me how much i could skim off before any interference with standard cams??

dont skim no more than 0.050thou or 1.2mm off the head,and put new mains and big end shells in as well or it wont last long

Will i see much of a increase in compression? Want to bring it up to at least 9.5:1 although not much more than 10.0:1

or is there a chance that the ma10 head can offer something??

Its best if you do a compression test before you strip it down.by skimming off 50thou you would probly gain around 30/40psi over at good standard engine..
I allways do a compression test on the ma12 engines i send away to be rebuilt for racing and a good one is allways around 140/160psi and when they come back i do a retest there around 210 psi

Nice, yeah ill double check the the compression first then, once the k11 is back on the road ill get started either on this engine or a conversion.

1.2 ecc are mininal skim they have a dished piston with cutouts for the valves so if the cut outs are needed then skiming has to be very light

If I was NA tuning a K10 I would probably go for 10.8-11:1 comp ratio, however I would have an ecu dealing with it all... 9:1 is so horrid.

Back