In your opinion, Whats best?

1. Air filter (pipercross ive heard are good, obv K&N aswell)
2. Exhuasts (4-2-1 and janspeed system?)
3. Cams? ( I dono whats out there?)
4. Springs ( Are there any over 45mm? )

I have a k11 1.3 twin cam and would like to know whats the best product for the performance, Ive searched and couldnt find much uselful info

Thanks Adam

hi adam

1. air filter, very small gain at best, imo
2. manifold, good gain, but expensive, with emissions and insurance considerations
3. piper cams are availiable but need special shims, mph do direct fit cams

hi adam

1. air filter, very small gain at best, imo
2. manifold, good gain, but expensive, with emissions and insurance considerations
3. piper cams are availiable but need special shims, mph do direct fit cams

I have a rough idea of what the products do mate!
Just wondered what products you guys would recommend?

Thanks tho!

Adam

1, uprated filter in standard airbox with an extra cold air feed is best for performance iirc. Around £30?

2, Full janspeed system inc. Manifold, looking about £500

3, Piper do regrinds, but your best bet is probably Matt Humphries, no idea on cost £2-300 for cams, or about £700 fitted in a flowed head iirc.

4, You'll be lcky to find anything over 35/40mm, around £80 for springs alone, with shocks around £300

I think frank had some trouble with pipers though, they were not properly (as advertised) re profiled.

zanes

yes, i,m very disappointed with mine :suspect:
i lost a chunk of bottom end power and gained little elsewhere, they just give you a wider softer powerband imo

zanes

they,re ultimates, but they can,t be that wild, if i can pull the tickover down to less than 500rpm eh o_O (and thats with a very light flywheel !)
i would love to see the profile (actual shape) of the tomei,s and matt,s cams

I thought the ultimates were supposed to give a crap tickover... Have you contacted piper/whoever sold them?

Back