In response to news article "Super S holding its value"

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
I called a car broker I was using to track down a super s micra a few months ago. I left a message on his phone just telling him i was ready for him to start looking again (i put him off while my pulsar was being repaired)

Anyway so he rang me again this morning, and we got talking. Inevitable fuel prices talk came up and then we got down to business.

3 months ago he told me that $7500 would be a reasonable amount to pay for a 96 Micra Super S with under 200,000km on the clock and a decent service history.

He has now 'revised' that up to $8500.

Heh. Bugger for me. :)

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
What about SLX and LX.??
Not that it worries me as I will never get my money back but I figure in the very near future I will be fanging past all these big bangers while they anxiously watch their fuel gauge.
Anyway sounds good to me.
Just watch all the adds pop up for all sorts of fuel saving devices.

CMF_daily_ricer

» CMF Member
Yeah its kinda scary, I was thinking this before.

But on a plus side for me, I also have an early 70's corolla I am building up, and now that fuel is getting higher prices, and lead replacement is gone, I am hoping for a serge of cheap little classics.

I guess my hopes to trade the LX for a Super S are on hold till theres more cash.

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
Hardly - if you want a super S there is no better time than now!

As you know there arent many of them on our roads. Some are even built from bits and pieces of other super s'!!!!

If you want one, start looking NOW or you're never going to find one!

cisco

» CMF Member
We got the white car for a bargain, I won't reveal the price, but with only 80 something thousand km at the time, it was a crazy bargain. We could sell for 2-3 grand more even now. Lincoln was keen to sell and was happy with the negotiations.

I only paid 8 grand for the blue monster in its original form aswell. Can you believe that! Nowhere near the work done to it that it has now though.

cisco

» CMF Member
I told Jamie-lee that if she ever wanted to sell it, that I would buy it off her :) It now has 107000km. You put lots of Kms on cars in Canberra, the roads are all 80kmh and everything is so spaced out. But they are friendly smooth highway kms basically.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Makes you wonder. Family Hack has a genuine 85,000 kl on it and interior, paint is A1.
In my mind the upgrades to it have only enchanced the car and nothing I have done will shorten its life.
White Knight well guess when it hits the road next week has zero kl.as just about everything is new.Motor, gearbox, starter motor,new ECU, wiring, elect.water pump,dizzy. twin pack coils etc. Shee when I think of it stuff all original!!!
Not game to sit down and really add up the dollars.
Maybe I would need a valium or two.

CMF_rocket

» CMF Member
Yeah that is right they are getting hard to find and the prices are going up which is good if you own one... I phoned a couple of brokers and most said GOOD luck and and some didn't want to help and some said what are they, go figure. But it is going to make it hard for people that want one to buy I am sure, good luck.

Back