improve acceleration

daveeeeee

Ex. Club Member
hey. was wondering what the best mods would be to improve acceleration, i know that sticking an ma12 in would prob be the easiest option but i doubt i'll get hold of one in as good a condition as the ma10 i already have. i'm not fussed about top end speed because i dont plan on breaking speed limits.

light weight 13" wheels with low profile tyres made the biggest improvement to my super s, id also recommend wither a weber replacement carb or fit a sunny n13 carb (see my other post). the carb will improve your throttle response alot asumming its in good order :)

my current ma10 has only 49k on the clock with every thing in good working order. :grinning:

will the sunny carb be a straigh fit then?
how about the stadard air intake it looks pretty restrictive to me

my current ma10 has only 49k on the clock with every thing in good working order. :grinning:

will the sunny carb be a straigh fit then?
how about the stadard air intake it looks pretty restrictive to me

the carb mounts to the existing inlet manifold perfectly with no modifications, the accelerator cable however does not really reach but i am working on a modifications to sort this and will post a guide for you all very soon, fo the mean time its held in place with zip ties :p which work perfectly well for now lol

you can get a K&N bolt on air filter to direct fit to the k10 sounds great, looks nice, improves the throttle response slightly but doesn't really make the car faster per-say. i always felt it helped the acceleration.

as for the sunny carb that has made my ma10 easily beat ma12's with power to spare i never expected such a difference from it but it was a very worthwhile mod to do for the cost of the carb and a new carb gasket total cost was about £17 for that mod lol

Getting towed by a Skyline, great fun! :laugh:

now that sounds like fun :p

one one has the money to do it properly but bike carbs cams and exhaust with mapped ignition would easily be the fastest K10 on here.

Back