Import CG13DE - wasn't someone here was after one?

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Yeah I was watching that the first time it was up on eBay. I'm trying to decide between that or buying a timing chain replacement setup. It'd cost about $150 to get down here, unknown condition of the engine and it's got 80,000km on it. Would really like it if there were one down here so I could get a compression test on it and whatnot. That said if this one were bung then I'd probably look into a rebuild.

I'm tempted just to get it, replace rear seal, chuck my flywheel and get a new clutch for it, bolt up gearbox then drop it into the car.

Dammit I should've bought it the first time. Think I should take the gamble?

---dens

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
No probs, the question gets asked a fair bit and I never had a conclusive answer, so was a learning experience for me too :p

Looks like i'll probably grab the engine, so please don't pinch it from under me nose! Hehe..

---dens

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
The guy just did a comp test for me this morning, was asking fred to go have a look at it for me and everything.. just found out it was auto too, so was going to make it my base for the worked engine.

Sigh, oh well.

---dens

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
if it helps... a mate just got an rs engine sent down from QLD to sydney... only cost him $60 to send with TNT... so i rekon a micra engine would weigh less therefore be even cheaper than that....

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Cheers man, that does help. So bummed about the engine though, need to find one so I can actually make it to the skyline nats, EXE track day and the micra meet.. all in july. Hmm crap, better get find one soon eh..

---dens

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
I've got one coming from NSW right now so it's typical that one like that would pop up now, already had another member kindly PM me about that, but thanks. Was gonna tell another guy to have a look at that as I know he was after one too.

---dens

CMF_qwerty132

» CMF Member
Hey,
Thats probably me that your talking about...
Im not in desparate need for an engine. My current one just uses too much fuel and has timing chain noise.
But I may contact the seller as to how much to freight it up here etc.

It says its an auto... Is there anything different about them that would stop you putting a flywheel and clutch on it?
It also looks to be a import... Do they require swapping all the sensors for them to work with an aus ecu?

Thanks
qwerty132

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
yes you need a water temp sensor..its on a diff scale to the aussie gauge..that if you plug it in and the engine temp gauge goes straight to the top.

..also check the water pump..mine was ceased from the jdm engine..

nothing different with auto/manual..my jdm engine was auto as well and i had no issues.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
qwerty132 WROTE:

"It says its an auto... Is there anything different about them that would stop you putting a flywheel and clutch on it?

It also looks to be a import... Do they require swapping all the sensors for them to work with an aus ecu?

Thanks

qwerty132

Read above as I posted some links detailing the minor differences with the import engines in auto/manual state. Definitely replace the water pump when the engine's out of the car as it's a pain if you've gotta do it once you find out it's bung already...

---dens

Back