Ignition switch wiring

Micra 110

Site Supporter
My car was broken into and hot wired and all the wires were pulled out. I'm having some difficulty knowing which wire goes where so I need a photo of the connector that fits into the ignition on the left hand side.

I'll list the wires.
Green
White with a black stripe
Black with a Pink stripe
Brown

If anyone has a photo of this connector in situ please could you contact me through PM, thanks :)

K10ignitionwiring_2.jpg

K10Ignitionwiring.jpg

297855_10150290894704872_839509871_7451234_2830346_n.jpg

You should have two green wires instead of a green and a brown. The green is what supplies current to the ignition live circuit i.e goes back to the fuse box (the very last fuse on the right side) so you can easily circuit test that wire to make sure it's the right one (in case you do have two greens).
The one that you're calling brown, is the live feed to the coil (it turns into the green wire on the coil). If you get em the wrong way round the engine won't run coz as soon as you stop turning the motor over (i.e let the key spring back to the "on" position) you'll cut the power supply to the coil.
You can't do any damage by swapping those two with each other (green & brown or green & green in my case), but the others are not so forgiving.

Back