Ignition Leads wont come off!

This may sound really stupid, and iv chaanged spark plugs loads of times on loads of different cars, so i know what im doing when it atleast comes to changing the spark plugs.

Iv just bought my K11 a couple of weeks ago and wanted to have a look at the spark plusg to determine wether to change them or not. Cars not misfiring or anything like that, i just like to keep it in tip top condition.

However, when i went to pull the lead off the spark plug the damn thing wouldnt come off. Same with the other 3. I did pull it with a fair bit of force, but nothing, they just wouldnt lift off the plugs!

Am i doing something blatantly wrong here? Or is there another method to removing the leads on the K11? :glare:

(Or am i just a sissy) :girly:

mine are very tight too but a realy good tug usualy gets them off there just dificult cuz you havnt got a lot to grab hold off

a realy good tug usualy gets them off there just dificult cuz you havnt got a lot to grab hold off

To be honest with you i thought if i pull this lead any harder il end up ripping it in hald rather than pulling it off. And obviously i didnt want to pull it too hard incase it broke from the inside somewhere.

And yeah your right, there indeed isnt a lot to get hold of. So il try it again and this time put a little more effort in!

But thanks for your help anyway.

lol mine took ages to get off first time round, they will only be like that because the rubber around them may have got a bit to hot....somthing silly like that :p just keep messing around with them and they should come off after a while.

give em a big yank and they'll soon come.....off that is.

you could use a large flat bladed screw driver under the "skirt"

Back