chie

make a stainless steel cam gear cover plate for the side of youre cg :D

Attachments

• picture007.jpg
    picture007.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 265
Craig said:
What about a clear poly one eh?
Now there's an idea... *ponders* Dunno how it would cope with the heat and thermal expansion, though.

*ponders more*

What about using the cam cover to make a mould and then make a clear cam cover from epoxy resin or somet' like that. Same probs as above but wicked novelty factor for shows etc.

the only problem with the side plate is the clearance for 1 boldt and the engine mount :S it pretty close so you couldent go too thick with the plastic :( cam cover would be wicked tho,

Ian said:
wouldnt it just get covered in oil?
Hmmm... yeah, but u can still watch the oil spewing around inside :D Most of the oil'll run off anyway so u'll be left with a film of dirty oil making ur cams and head look brown. Still more interesting than staring at a chunk of cast iron/aluminium/whatever.

Chie - do u reckon u could do me a clear ploy one for the sr20? May be getting some nice hks cam gears in purple and wudnt mind showing them off!

chie said:
cam cover would be wicked tho,

saw one at japshow,cnt remember what car tho,,,sure davey c saw it too

did u undo the engine mount to get it off chie?

yup it sure was and damn fine it looked too, i couldnt quite beilieve it when i was it, very very cool

I just looked up clear cam covers online and found loads for supras, but thats it! no other cars seemed to have one available. How much do you reckon for a custom made one?

I like the look of engine art work, cam covers etc like this one

Lexus_01.jpg

supose everyone will be different with the art style ones instead of just a clear one,,would be cool to design my own for the 160 ,i might look into this :)

RIK said:
yeah,,any reason for posting this?

As in that photograph is not a good representation of what a K11 engine would look like with a clear cover over the cam chain. Just politely pointing it out for those who might not notice.

crogthomas said:
As in that photograph is not a good representation of what a K11 engine would look like with a clear cover over the cam chain. Just politely pointing it out for those who might not notice.

it wasnt a dig at you,(i could have put it another way butthat was quiker to type,sorry)

but they would still look good at shows once the oil has settled,while the car hasnt been moving for abit

RIK said:
saw one at japshow,cnt remember what car tho,,,sure davey c saw it too

did u undo the engine mount to get it off chie?

i had a spare off neils old head, and yea you do need to take the mount off :S as 1 bolt is right behind it :S looks good when on tho :p

Attachments

• picture011.jpg
    picture011.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 215
Back