Idle tension pulley - size?

CMF_LonePhantom

» CMF Member
Hey all, just a question for you guys. My idle tension pulley is on it's way out. I want to get a replacement but need the size of it.

Does someone know the dimensions of it? I'll be lucky to find the time to take it off to replace it, let alone take it off just for dimensions.

If someone has the measurements that would be awesone.

Thanks all :)

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
the size of the bearing ? (removal is an option eh :) )

Attachments

• 67142.jpg
    67142.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 20

CMF_LonePhantom

» CMF Member
Thanks for that asdame, much appreciated. :)

I'm guessing if mine has the same external diameter I've probably got the same one. I can at least measure that while it's on the car, and then find a replacement.

cheers

CMF_LonePhantom

» CMF Member
Well I can't seem to track down anything that is the same outside diameter. I didn't want to have to pull the bearing, it's not something I'd be able to do. I guess I'll have to go down to my local, see if they can do it for me.

CMF_LonePhantom

» CMF Member
I don't trust myself with moving the little tags. I have a feeling I'd break them. Not that I could really see any on the pulley, that's what worries me with pulling the bearing out. What do you mean by drifting too? I don't quite understand what you mean to do with the socket.

Problem is I really need to keep this car on the road as much as possible for getting to work and back.

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
I was sick of listening to mine too, so u got me goin LonePhantom, went to bearing place last week and got a bearing from our local bearing shop, laptop with me and franks link(thanx Frank), all he was interested in was the "6301", cost me about $12

First removal of old bearing, I used a big socket, a long bolt and some washers, u get the idea from the pic below

Attachments

• 67394.jpg
    67394.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 20

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
then instalation I just used the same stuff to do the reverse, It did start to go a bit wonky but a hammer and a bit of wood fixed that(gently), and just checked a few times to make sure i didnt wind it to far

Attachments

• 67395.jpg
    67395.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 28

CMF_LonePhantom

» CMF Member
Thanks for your assistance Rudy.

I'm not quite following the process, but I'll print out these posts and show my old man. He's the clever handy one.

Thanks for that, I'll hopefully be able to get something sorted with this. :)

Back