Idle Adjustment

CMF_DESI

» CMF Member
Hi,

Recently I have bought a cheap K11 1993 model I guess and had problem with power cut off (thought was TB) and engine idle too high.

Followed the TB resoldering guide, seemed worked fine, but yet unable to reduce the engine idle below 1300 RPM...need help,

tried adjuster on the TB below the circut, set the timing using 4 cyldr timing light.

Engine idle seems rises and slows...RPM not steady....1240 to 1300...affects the fuel consumption as well....

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
first check ur 2pin ecu coolant sensors within spec (take out n measure resistance at certain deg c)

check ur lambda sensors goin rich/lean fast enough at 3k rpm (using a diagnostic prog like datascan helps. some multimeters may work if they can refresh fast enough)
sluggish lambda would affect mpg

clean the IAV on the TB so it moves smoothly,

adjust the TPS till its at 0.48V when fully closed

check the neutral switch is working

check the timings at 15deg when at 750rpm (better to temporarily force 15deg using program like nissan datascan)

then I'd personally remove the TB waxstat coldstart mechanism like this
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/8710/k550i466.jpg
cos they're mostly seized these days

then adjust the idle screw once warmed up

CMF_DESI

» CMF Member
thanks alot ASDAME,

I had practically done some to test using mulit media and atlast today I removed the idle control sensor I guess in front of the TB and noticed there was no o-ring to the sensor, quickly ran to the sparepart shop and found a replacement o ring by sample, not sure of what make bt heard tha gusy at the spareparts saying it was for power steering etc...however it fitted well...so cleaned using contact cleaner and assembled every to normal. installed the TB...and now it seems that the idle was normal and the plastic screw on the side of the TB started working as well

also had replaced a screw at the throttle where the speed cable is installed to enable to adjust the idle and got rid of stick throttle....everything seems perfect but did not have a test drive...probably tomorow (monday) while on my way to work will feel the ride.

However I would say great site to exchange ideas and get K11 running....

CMF_DESI

» CMF Member
I still had some problem while driving today to work, after doing everything I could, however I thought to check the distributor and found that it had been modified probably of Nissan B14 was installed and the lop end was also welded and remade to fit K11, I wish I could get the person who did all this errors and kick his balls....car seems ok now...

Back