ID Woes!

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
hi

this i suppose is loosely car related so sorry for that but i am really angry at what happened today.

Firstly i am 17 have a full car license and went to a Car accessories shop (its a chain and they really arnt that friendly at least not to me)

i brought a set of fuses and some 2 stroke oil to the counter and a burst out laucghing when they asked for ID???? i said 'what for the fuses or the oil'. I cant belive that they wanted to see some ID for some non-toxic, non-solvent, non-acidic substance. I really do not see the logic, if it was paint fair enough.

I then went into a family run shop, picked up some VHT paint, turps and 2 stroke oil and all he said was 'wanna bag?'

Cheers -unnamed shop- for a very annoying trip

i remember someone i knew who was 17 got ID'd and refused for buying de-oderant in the co-op lol... so that means if your under 18 you have to stink like BO ;) its quite funny really lol

I got ID'd for buying Lead-free solder...See, it's not a LEGAL thing like alcohol. It's can be a store policy thing. Hell, any store or shop can refuse to serve you just because they don't like your face. They can also ask you for proof of age regarding any item they feel necessary.

thats nothing me 19 and my girlfriend 18 got id for a 15 film in a supermarket by a woman that couldnt speak english we were not amused an left swiftly with some choice words lol

hahahaha :p

My sister got ID'd for a pizza cutter in wilkinson, when she was 24.. and i get ID'd by the same woman every week when i buy alcohol in Tesco. You'd think she'd remember who I am by now!

Mate, i used to work in tesco, you just sit there and hate every person, no one seems familiar, you don't even pay attention to what they look like, you just want them to go away!

When i was 18, i saved £6 on a haircut because i looked under 15..
Child bus tickets etc.. Wooooop.

Nearly 20 and endless ID'ing is getting annoying though.

I must say working with the public does make you do strange things to entertain yourself. They probably ID random people just to give their day some excitement.

If someone takes ages to order I go off for ages and check their notes to make sure they are real.

i work for tesco, and we've all been train'd if they don't look 21 or over to ask for id when they buy

beer
fags
lotto
knifes (pizza cutters lol)
BO spray
tipex
pills
mags with age limiteds
dvds & games
cleaning spirits
theres more but i can't remember

its gets on your nerves a bit, cos if trading standards find out we've sold thats stuff to some under age we get a £80-£2000 fine and a criminal record.

the worse thing is that the police send in kids to do test buys to make sure we obying the rules.

well again today same shop and person, me m8 went in to pickup his steering wheel and boss kit and got ID and hes 25?

its not my fault half their stock got nicked last month!!! and then they complain they are ' going down hill' THEY ARE DRIVING CUSTOMERS AWAY!!!

ID'd for a steering wheel and boss kit?!? LOL

I work in a local toy shop and heres a quick list of stuff i have to ID people for

Gun Caps (18+)
Toy Guns,WATER PISTOLS,water guns,cap guns (18+)
CPU Games (depending on age on cover)
Glue/Spray/Solvents (18+)

They brought out this stupid Law now that ANY type of gun (whether it looks real or futuristic) we HAVE to ID them or they have to be bought by an adult.They reckon its to try cut down gun crime on the streets LOL

We had a long dicussion about the steering wheel incident with the staff and their store policy is to ID everyone for any product safe or not. Any item that is safe all they apparently want to see is just who you are and thats it but if you dont have any identification on you atall then they wont serve you anything!

Oh and just to mention all the products are zip tied to the shelfs so you have to go and ask to have it off the damn shelf! which i find a real put off so now i go halfrauds for my stuff where they treat me a little nicer

I don't see that they're doing anything wrong tbh. Company policies have to be followed, I'm sure if it was up to the staff they wouldn't ID anyone.

Surely you'd just learn to take your ID with you.. If your old enough to buy whatever then there's no problem.

I know but iding for a steering wheel is a bit ott. I'm supposed to ID anyone that looks under 21 even if i have know them all my life - which i ignore.
And no u won't get banned for that!

oo theres a motorworld near me i'll have to try and see :p

"i'd like to buy this air freshner"

"sorry you dont look old enough,show me your ID!"

o_O

Back