i want to start rallying

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
i used to bmx but i got bored with it and sick of the injuries now i am bored on the weekends and i want to start rallying when ever possible where is best to start the kid is coming back out on me since i bought this sensible golf diesel

i used to bmx but i got bored with it and sick of the injuries now i am bored on the weekends and i want to start rallying when ever possible where is best to start the kid is coming back out on me since i bought this sensible golf diesel

sensible diesel? if its anything like my friends A4 its mental! (Y)

No better way than formula1000. Have a mootch round the forum for insparation http://forum.formula1000.co.uk/index.php. You can build a car or buy one. I would advise buying one ready built, its cheaper than building...
You can get hold of a car for around the 3k mark and to build one your looking at around 5k depending on spec. Entry fee's for events are from approx £120 to £500 depending what events you do whether tarmac or gravel then you have tyres, fuel etc on top.
But before that you will need to gain a competition licence by doing a bars test which costs £180 then £50 a year to renew your licence. You will also need FIA approved race suit, helmet etc, again not cheap but buy the best you can afford.

Alot of people start in bigger cars but are no quicker than someone who can drive a F1000 car properly - it's better to drive a slow car fast than fast car slow.
Your more than welcolme to come and have a look at my car (im in north wales) (Y)

Hope its of some help :)

No problem.
There was a formula 1000 only rally last weekend not far from you in Teeside.
Also look up your local motor club too go along and ask plenty of questions, always people willing to give advice.

EDIT - just spotted this bargain http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/1399369.htm not built to stage rallying regulations, but to road rallying. Road rallying are events run in the dead of night, alot cheaper than stage rallying and no bars test or race suit, helmet required..

thats a fairly expensive form of motorsport mattjo :eek: you can run your kart all day for £25 on our track, and we used to get paid startmoney for turning up, when i did bangers and stockcars (twas peanuts tho lol) :laugh:

Yeah it's not cheap Frank but f1000 is one of the cheapest way into it. It's very daunting when starting, although once you do start it's like a drug you will get addicted lol :D

Kenny I've gave you any amounts of chances to rally with me, I have the car, cage, bucket ect ect obviously a lot more work and parts are needed but you turn your nose up at it every time?

A little bit of time and money, and iv alredy got my foot in the door with somwere to Learn and prachtice and basicly have a giggle of the week end and compeet if it gets seirous enough?

I just don't have all the funds with my current build

so if you are realy wanting to rally, concider this and let me know

Rallying is alot of fun mate, but Karting is too (and cheaper). I've not been doing it long and already been on TV, raced at Race of Champions and Le Mans this year! Planning on going over to Spa and Monza in 2010

i want to actually drive it mate not sit in the passanger seat and tell you where to go

and i might start go karting insted as it looks to expensive for me at this moment in time

Ive built my own F1000 car its cost roughly £1700 including car roll cage mot etc should be competing next year its not to bad to be honest do it to a good standard n itl last you years.

Back