i want a 160!

its just a discussion, which is what a car forum is all about. its good fun.

there is not much likelyhood of me and rik meeting up in cars i dont own at santa pod. but there is the chance to put points across, thats certainly worthwhile if you ask me. on the internet.

nizzanz1 said:
its just a discussion, which is what a car forum is all about. its good fun.

there is not much likelyhood of me and rik meeting up in cars i dont own at santa pod. but there is the chance to put points across, thats certainly worthwhile if you ask me. on the internet.

we dont need to meet.........just post your times up with proof

do you even own a car? what is it?

the car i own is not relevent. its none of the ones we have talked about above.

nizzanz1 said:
the car i own is not relevent. its none of the ones we have talked about above.

no but i was interested...never heard you talk about your car..just in general discussion usually going on and on in threads with me

Reading stats from a book shows nothing at all. Some manufatures over and others understate values. There really is only ONE way to compare and that is at somewhere like santa pod. Any claim from a spec sheet is a waste of time.

i wouldnt make claims based only on 0-60 times. but i would totaly argue a point based on power and kerb weight. they are very good at showing how a car can perform.

santa pod doesnt prove much either. apart from one thing, how a car gets off the line and its straight line performance under a limited distance.

but mainly i'm saying discuss, and then if an opportunity arrises then quote from proper timed evidence. opinions are interesting.
i disagree with some of riks comments but wouldnt ask him to never say them again.

You cannot simply claim power to weight as a sensible comparison. What about gear ratios? or how about the torque curve. Engine A may have flat X lbs from Y to Z rpm, engine B may have X+10lbs torque but ramp up and for most of the Y to Z rpm range may have less torque than engine A. So simply stating facts from a spec sheet is a waste of time. Engine A would look slower but would have better ingear acceleration and ultimately faster.
Looking further still engine A may have half the moving mass of engine B for example, under rapid changes in engine RPM, this would allow engine A to accelrate faster even though peak power engine B has more. Or how about aerodynamic drag. After so much MPH on a flat surface weight pays little difference as the dominating factor becomes more and more aerodynamic drag rather than weight as the limiting factor.

Santa pod proves many things, as you cannot ignore the driver as part of the performance package. Some people understand how to extract the most from their car, others dont. The data collected from a single run tells you infinately more for the given time than any other kind of test we realistically have available to us.

rik, cant remember think it was a 55 plate. As i drove it, went over too 4,000 miles as i entered the dealership.

zoidburg, yeah i have thought of this, think ill aim for a 50 plate though, either ex demo or second hand, they seem to go for 7.5k, if i wait until reg change, maybe even 7k. Then again i might just put it off until march and buy a 2 year old one :)

Ian said:
rik, cant remember think it was a 55 plate. As i drove it, went over too 4,000 miles as i entered the dealership.

zoidburg, yeah i have thought of this, think ill aim for a 50 plate though, either ex demo or second hand, they seem to go for 7.5k, if i wait until reg change, maybe even 7k. Then again i might just put it off until march and buy a 2 year old one :)

do you have a part ex car for them?

nah im gonna sell it privatly. they would probs gives me £600 for mine, when i could sell for much more.

Ian said:
nah im gonna sell it privatly. they would probs gives me £600 for mine, when i could sell for much more.

could be worth a try..ther was one lad on hee just gave in a k11 for more than he payed for it lol.

plus the ex demo cars are nothing to them tbh..my uncle just got an fiesta st for 5k and is car total 11k on a 06 plate

demo cars are usually in good nick as they are ment to sell the car to the buyer, it will put you off getting into a worn shabby interior of a car full of dings and scratches.

I don't see what the problem is?

The K12 is probably the last micra which will have a mechanical and electrical package which is even remotely DIY-friendly. Go for it man!!! Sheesh!

I'll probably have my K11 for another 5 years before I decide its time to move on...

certainly looks like a winner. Gonna do test drive a yaris T-sport and see what i think, but the dealers want 5k for it when i could get a private sale for probably under 4. I have a feeling it'll probably drive nicer then a 160 being fully jap and not a jap/french hybrid. Then i think ill book a test drive of the new suzuki sport when they are released :)

nice one ian. your looking at good cars.

i emailed suzuki to ask when its available and they didnt reply. its meant to be june though. there are pics of it at the madrid motorshow. so if you can hold out for a swift sport test drive that would be a good comparison.
i will be test driving very shortly. starting with clio 172. if the gearbox/driving position is too bad then i will try other choices.

drove the yaris today. Nicer to drive then a 160, but in terms of power, it couldn't touch the 160 TBH. I still would prefer the micra, purely because of the engine, T-sport is insurance group 9 also :S.

Salesman was a right bell though, my dad was arguing with him about the door being ding'd. The salesman said "nothing wrong with the door" but it had been opened into a wall or something and bend over. It was rusting away where the metal was exposed. A total tool. Probably thought i didnt have any money.

Ian said:
drove the yaris today. Nicer to drive then a 160, but in terms of power, it couldn't touch the 160 TBH. I still would prefer the micra, purely because of the engine, T-sport is insurance group 9 also :S.

Salesman was a right bell though, my dad was arguing with him about the door being ding'd. The salesman said "nothing wrong with the door" but it had been opened into a wall or something and bend over. It was rusting away where the metal was exposed. A total tool. Probably thought i didnt have any money.

lol, i hate people like that, my mum bought me my first micra :D and the salesman wouldn't even talk to me!!

thats becasue the 160 is less sporty.;)

both 160 and t-sport make the most power at 6krpm, so going up to the redline before changing will get most out of the car. i dont know where the redline is exactly but i guess its before it gets to 7krpm.

nizzanz1 said:
thats becasue the 160 is less sporty.;)

both 160 and t-sport make the most power at 6krpm, so going up to the redline before changing will get most out of the car. i dont know where the redline is exactly but i guess its before it gets to 7krpm.

thats the same as the 160,,red line is at 6.9k i think its best at 6ish

its a micra it will never be a sports car

I would have thought that most people on here would want another 160SR in the club?
Plus it's far better looking than all the other cars mentioned, and you dont see that many of them around, compared to the rash of Saxo,Clio e.t.c on the roads.

nissan brand the 160SR as SR meaning Street Racer. doesnt that mean the 160sr should be banned from msc as its purports to street racing?

nizzanz1 said:
nissan brand the 160SR as SR meaning Street Racer. doesnt that mean the 160sr should be banned from msc as its purports to street racing?

yeah i agree....

remember to hold down the flush if your doing big ones.

sounds good anyway. i am interested.

did redline the yaris, took ti to about 6k i think, its deffo not as fast as the 160 though. I'll go to a suziki dealer in the next few weeks and ask about the sport.

Yaris are severely overweight for the class, IMO.

Plus they're god damn fugly. Completey unoriginal in their design and lack personality - and this is the problem with pretty much every toyota ever made... I don't really like the K12's styling but I think its got alot more personality than the Toyota.

You wouldn't believe that I used to be a die hard toyota fanboy. lol Bit of a hypocrit by driving a K11 and actually liking it, but hey, I see mabye 3 other Micras in driving 500km. Its refreshingly different for me. :)

if you think the yaris is overweight then the k12 must be terminally obese lol.

Just had a look on nissan spec page... Wholey!!! K12 took a good dose of the fat pills!!! No wonder it needs a 1.6 or a supercharged engine (in the JDM March SR) to actually move!

Weight looks pretty similar to what the Yaris is here. I think the top spec Yaris here with 4 doors, hatch, all options etc weighs in at over 1100kg.

Totally crazy. No wonder they're all so slow. Haha

yaris t-sport here weighs 950kgs.
the march sr is not supercharged, its an NA 1.2 with 108bhp, i think there is also a 108bhp NA 1.5 aswell. you can get an impul supercharger though.

nizzanz1 said:
yaris t-sport here weighs 950kgs.
the march sr is not supercharged, its an NA 1.2 with 108bhp, i think there is also a 108bhp NA 1.5 aswell. you can get an impul supercharger though.

but the yaris dosnt have the mod cons like the k12..

yes it does. air con as standard etc. it also has rear discs which the 160sr doesnt.

nizzanz1 said:
yes it does. air con as standard etc.

what about the sound system and the airbags all those cupholders,sliding rear seats 16"alloys what do the base models wiegh?

id prefer the yaris over the k12, not even the t-sport yaris just any yaris. dont get me wrong id have a k12 defo but the model of the yaris i like have stopped been made afaik

looking at that the 160 still has a better spec with better stereo, auto lights and rain sensing wipers.

seems the t-sport only has rear discs and less weight over the 160.

as you know i like micras. but being lighter and rear discs does it for me. but i want something with a bot more power anyway. called up a honda dealer today and they wouldnt let me drive the civic type R they had as it was a 2003 and a couple more K than what i said my budget was. damn. learnt a lesson. always say you dont have a budget then you can test drive anything.

this is what would tempt me to get a nissan again.
http://uk.search.yahoo.com/video/view?&h=101&w=135&type=wmv&rurl=grouper.com%2FGlobalMedia%2FMediaDetails.aspx%3Fid%3D924124&vurl=http%3A%2F%2Fgrouper.com%2FGlobalMedia%2FMediaDetails.aspx%3Fid%3D924124&back=fr%3DFP-tab-vid-t%26ei%3DISO-8859-1%26p%3Dnissan%2Bconcept&turl=re2.mm-da.yimg.com%2Fimage%2F1613265395&name=Nissan+Sport+Concept&no=10&tt=38&p=nissan+concept&ei=UTF-8&oid=31e2f997bf0643f2&dur=46&src=p&pld=240x320

Back