I need advice to get my K10 running again (ENGINE CONVERSION)

My head gasket has gone on my 1985 Datsun K10 Micra 1.0l LS. I have took to engine out but before I re do it i need to know if a 1.2 engine from a 1993 1.2 LX K10 Micra.
I heard that 1.2 ones are run by ECU hence I need more advice if this is possible for the upgrade.

I really appreciate your posts and try to keep within forum limits please.

Thanks for reading...

sounds like one of the latest k10's so may have an ecu, check if it has cats, if it does then it has an ecu, if not then no it doenst.

Hi mate,

Pretty sure they didnt do the K10 in the LX, sounds to me like its a K11, which would require mount work etc etc to fit that engine which is really a 1.3 called the CG13

Would be alot easier to put a 1.2 from another K10 into it, do it by engine code, the 1.2 K10 is MA12, the engine you have taken out is the MA10

The K11 engine codes are CG10 and CG13 its a 1.3 not a 1.2

Hope this helps

i think there was a k10 LX, wouldnt put my savings on it tho. yes nexus the latest k10,s which had cats had the nissan eccs system fitted to it, almost the exact same setup found on the p10 1.6 primeras.

Yeah there was a K10 lx act, totally forgot then...

But only the super s had an ecu and cats wasnt it? Apart from the st of course

Ok I have checked all the wires from the 1.2 going to the carb and sensors, etc and it is a K10 1.2 MA12 Engine.

Will be a straight swap,

Another question though.

Will my 5 speed gearbox fit onto the 1.2 engine?

has the 1.2 got an ecu???

if so,

what i would do personally is (well actually what i did, lol) get the 1.2 (ma12) engine, take off the inlet/carb setup, the distributer and the exhaust manifold, then take the carb/inlet manifold, distributer and exhause manifold off your 1 liter engine and put them on the 1.2 thus making the 1.2 non ecu now and it will just drop straight in,

yes you can use your 5 speed off your 1.0.

hope this helps.

Yes it'll fit straight in, yes the gearbox will fit

Get a picture of the MA12 and we can confirm then if its just standard or ecu'd

i dont think it would really matter if it has an ECU as long as you have all the wires but thats complicated. If it is an ECU dont worry it will still fit :D

cheers

steve

if it has an ecu, do wot ive said, far simpler and easier, less hastle too. 2 hour job max if you already have the 1.2 engine out of the car.

It's not a full blown ECU, it's an ECCS system as already mentioned. and yes they did do an LX K10. Your better off just getting a 1.2 which doesn't have the ECCS system fitted.

So can someone get me the uprated MA12 engine set up with bike carbs or twin webbers.

Please be quick before I order new gaskets valves and belts for my MA10 engine.

Also would like some advice on lightening the flywheel.

i would just fit the 1.2 engine and box with the 1.0 ancilleries (manifolds, dizzy and carb)
and get the back of the 1.0 flywheel machined flat :)

donesnt it need to be balanced properly? I heard they Shatter if not done properly.

I need someone to lighten it at reasonable price, I was thinking about £20 max.

I suppose its acceptable - making sure its completely flat and smooth.

Bit dodgy though and not a good thing to bragg about unless you got armour in your firewall(Y)

Waiting for funds for parts on my MA10 Rebuild, will try to post pics through progression.

Need confirmation that K11 Hubs fit onto the K10 Suspension struts - lower arm anddrive shafts, also which are/and what car from; are the biggest calipers + discs that will fit onto those k11 hubs.

i think the ECCS system is controlled by a big box under the passenger seat , if its not ECCS the box under the seat will only be small, sorry dont know that much about it, dont know if the ECCS also has the gas recirculation and the Catalytic converters

Back