K10 Engine Conversion needed at least 1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to know how simple is it to puts the primera or almera engine, Or maybe even a pulsar turbo engine into my k10.

Its currently 1.0l.

I need this info fast as I will buy a full car to take the engine out.

curtis

Ex. Club Member
Lots of work, unless your mechanically minded it will be a very hard task

Loom, ecu, shafts, brakes, suspension, mounts, pipes, fueling etc etc etc

Makrakin08

Ex. Club Member
you wont need the ecu if you get a 1.2 engine from a 1990 or below only 1991 and 1992 k10's had an ecu :) straight swap though

curtis

Ex. Club Member
MA12 is a straight fit, such an easy thing to do...

If you have some spare dosh, i would suggest the best thing to do is buy an uprated MA12 from dave walker, then look for a set of bike carbs or webers, or get bogg brothers to make a set and put all that in

I had around 100bhp and it was amazingly quick, GTI6, 106 GTI saxo vtrs couldnt get past...

Baz

Ex. Club Member
I need to know how simple is it to puts the primera or almera engine, Or maybe even a pulsar turbo engine into my k10.

Its currently 1.0l.

I need this info fast as I will buy a full car to take the engine out.

Welcome to the club

fwn On the ball there mate ,2 posts and you already want to convert it.

As the lads said ma12 is handy, If you need to ask how hard it is for any of the other mentioned engines to be fitted to a k10 changes are you won't do it,I'd hazzard a guess.

There is loads of threads there if you want to do a search,

Baz

OP
OP
K
well my engines broken in bits really that why i need fast advice,

I cant be searching when a) im new to this forum and b)this is what forum are purposely designed for...

I clearly stated that I am after a full car for parts this means I need members advice so I need the exact model and perhaps a few codes.

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
well my engines in bits really that why i need fast advice,

I cant be searching when a) im new to this forum and b)this is what forum are purposely designed for c)you come across a few tossers on ere.

cause calling people tossers is really going to get people to give nice friendly advice!

i see you edited your post, funny that!

You have to understand that firstly if people need to ask how to do an engine conversion, the chances are they will not have the technical knowledge to complete it and secondly that we have all seen many people start and not finish conversion projects.

Baz

Ex. Club Member
well my engines broken in bits really that why i need fast advice,

I cant be searching when a) im new to this forum and b)this is what forum are purposely designed for...

I clearly stated that I am after a full car for parts this means I need members advice so I need the exact model and perhaps a few codes.

ha ha funny man,ok sorry If I came across as being a tosser but I was just stating the truth as it is,and keep up the good people skills it'll get you places on here.

cause calling people tossers is really going to get people to give nice friendly advice!
i see you edited your post, funny that!

You have to understand that firstly if people need to ask how to do an engine conversion, the chances are they will not have the technical knowledge to complete it and secondly that we have all seen many people start and not finish conversion projects.

I can be a tosser sometimes though and you know it lol

100% agree with the last bit of that post there,

OP
OP
K
Well it took me 1 and 1/2 hour removing the engine and i need to fix my car because it is affecting my duties.

At present i am going to rebuild my engine add a turbo or supercharger, 4 branch s/s headers, oil cooler, bike carbs, re bored to 1300, kent cams, lightened and balanced pully and flywheel, piggy back ECU, Apexi, NOS, coilover, roll cage, neons, Bass system. chrome spinners Brembo brakes,

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
sounds good and expensive, wish i had the money to do that to mine :( let us know how your getting on

STEVE

Baz

Ex. Club Member
Well it took me 1 and 1/2 hour removing the engine and i need to fix my car because it is affecting my duties.

At present i am going to rebuild my engine add a turbo or supercharger, 4 branch s/s headers, oil cooler, bike carbs, re bored to 1300, kent cams, lightened and balanced pully and flywheel, piggy back ECU, Apexi, NOS, coilover, roll cage, neons, Bass system. chrome spinners Brembo brakes,

fwn Good luck with that

Simonh

Midlands Rep
lol....well ive got a 4 litre v8 waiting to go in my car and then im going to add a turbo and then maybe a supercharger just for laughs. then i might uprate the cams. i might also get some phat 20 inch alloys and lower my car by 200mm. after doing that im going to spray my car gold and have a fluffy interior all custom made. so yeh you can sit there in your k10 with you conversion of somesort but ill soon be zooming past you at 378mph with my v8 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.