I got a Super Turbo

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
haha, yeah bonet is pretty sick ay!!

smidge, saw your post on the rs forums bout this!! haha do you still have the subaru??

im pretty keen to find out how much power or how driveable the k10 is. its hard to believe that a 1.0l engine is supercharged and turbocharged haha are the 2 of them just so small you can hardly see them?? actualy if you got any engine bay pics that would be sick!

smidge

» CMF Member
tris you should come have a look/ride at/in it

its in pyrmont during the days and down sutherland ways at night

or manly sometimes

nah i sold the subaru legacy last year... awesome car just too expensive to run for me at the time...

the k11 powerband is probably a little more useful just blatting around the suburbs but the turbo hit on the k10 is good fun and its pretty quick once its up and going

CMF_crumpets

» CMF Member
They are one of the most unique cars on the road imo..I saw one a few years back, I'd say anyone who has owned a k11 has probably thought about getting one of these at some point

The one in question was chopping rx3s, rx7s and your standard big jap cars on the street runs that used to frequent western sydney.

The fella was in his 30s and had upgrades the charger and turbo amongst other work and only have one seat in it.. he even looked anorexic which takes weight reduction to the next level

Going off what he said you can get a lot for your dollar with a better turbo, charger of one of the toyotas and a remapping of the ecu (as well as your standard breathing bits) but he did mention it could be tempremental

smidge

» CMF Member
thats cool! i wonder where that car (and guy) is now?

im not worried about modding mine to make it faster yet as reliability will suffer and i like driving it more than working on it :D

aaron: vid's being made this weekend mate!

CMF_crumpets

» CMF Member
Yeah but as you can probably tell from driving it and looking around the engine bay with better cooling and breathing it will probably be a whole lot more effecient, which cant really hurt its reliability.

CMF_Geoff W

» CMF Member
I concurr... with everyones comments. Very nice example indeed.

Hey smidge, how bout some pics of the engine bay? I love looking and marvelling how on earth they managed to squeeze such magic into an engine bay!

We'll have to line up one day and put that on youtube! Might get a few hits you reckon?

smidge

» CMF Member
replaced the shocks in the back of the k10 today, it was a bit of an ordeal!

starlet shocks fit fine, only mine failed straight away!

Attachments

• 38466.jpg
    38466.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 23

smidge

» CMF Member
ended up using the rear shocks from the pulsar wreck i bought recently

shocks are a bit firmer and slightly shorter but they've worked fine, needed to change a few things here and there so i guess i'm running pulsar suspension from now on :D

Attachments

• 38467.jpg
    38467.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 15
Back