I didn't think Halfords was this overpriced..

depends who they baught it from. they usualy have a 40% margin on electrical products. and in other places around here (like tesco) they are £12.99 so not that over priced.

if you look at it on ebay though there was a tornado jet on there for £12m a few years ago. bargain. when they are £40m new.

halfords has always been a rip off, i mean i went there the other day to get a standard air filter pannel for my tigra the price was £12.?? ! i phoned up my local spares place and a new filter was £3.57 exactly and it came in a better box :p

Halfords is a great big building full of stuff people dont buy often.

Maybe I am stupid. but how could they sell stuff for a reasonable price?

they have bulk buing power just think if they put 10 airfreshners in each and every store in the uk how many would they buy ????? they also have brand name recognition as they have marketed the whole name "Halfords" as a brand

Trade card for parts at short notice, ebay for the rest FTW!
I'll agree with that, Halfords is great if you need stuff THERE AND THEN, and usually then you're prepared to pay the premium for doing so!

Unfortunately this doesn't always work as planned though, they don't stock the P11s spark plugs on the shelf so I ended up having to just wait in the end! :rolleyes:

/\ yes they do. Champion eon2 plugs james.. they are allways in stock £19.99 retail or £8.99 trade.

the trade card is just that. trade prices. Halfords is set at retail price. this just shows you what high extortionate prices british public pay for goods.

when a set of brake pads are £22 and on trade they are £3.49 is kind of shows what the public expect and what the trade expect. and those two markets dont usualy agree with one another.

/\ yes they do. Champion eon2 plugs james.. they are allways in stock £19.99 retail or £8.99 trade.

the trade card is just that. trade prices. Halfords is set at retail price. this just shows you what high extortionate prices british public pay for goods.

when a set of brake pads are £22 and on trade they are £3.49 is kind of shows what the public expect and what the trade expect. and those two markets dont usualy agree with one another.
Sorry, I should have said they dont stock the NGKs. I've heard nothing but bad news about Champion plugs on NPOC!

As a lowly person with no real reason to get one (although I might have some good news come through in the next few weeks that will give me a reason to get one ;)), how do you get a trade card?

Sorry, I should have said they dont stock the NGKs. I've heard nothing but bad news about Champion plugs on NPOC!

well, ive tried NGK iridium plugs, nothing but misfiring. Bosch super 4 plugs, massive mid range flat spot and champion EON plugs... running for 30,000 miles now without a single problem. still look like new. and if they are good enough for 40% of the Formula1 grid then they are good enough for me. lol :wasntme:

to get a trade card you have to prove you are in the trade. (payslip from a garage, qualification certificate etc.) or find a mate that works there lol

I have to say I bought a fair bit of detailing gear from them. They currently have a 3 for 2 offer on so I took full advantage and purchased loads of meguiars products :) works out about the same from eBay/online store but I don't have to wait :)

Back