Would this fit on this and is it worth it?

B

Ben

Would this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10400&item=4556378397&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

fit on this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18230&item=4555930552&rd=1

and is the second a good buy do you think??

That bumper was not made for that car but i was comparing the front of each car earlier and theres not a huge difference so i would say that it is possible if someone would take on the job.
I recon that car is worth 3200 to 3500 expecially with whats done to it, it looks fairly nice alright, even has the 1.6 engine in it! A straight through exhaust would open it up a lot!

Attachments

• repeaters.JPG
    repeaters.JPG
    168.6 KB · Views: 183
kev_mono72 said:
That bumper was not made for that car but i was comparing the front of each car earlier and theres not a huge difference so i would say that it is possible if someone would take on the job.
I recon that car is worth 3200 to 3500 expecially with whats done to it, it looks fairly nice alright, even has the 1.6 engine in it! A straight through exhaust would open it up a lot!

is that the same 1.6 as would be in the GLXi i may go to see? are these good engines?

Yeah i think it is the same engine ian, they are fairly good alright! Plenty of power! I know someone with a yellow mirage (imported, colt shape) with a 1.6 and had it on a track and it was keeping up with and beating quite a few cars!
I know someone else who had a GLXi and he was VERY happy with the power it had!

Thats the exact same bumper on my parents car, and yes it is a Mistubishi Colt, the same as in the picture.

Anyone with some good fibreglass skills could adapt that to fit, without too much trouble.

the arches should line up ok, the top of the bumper with the light recess's will need smoothing and lining up the lines of the lights on that model of the Colt.

Then some mounts fabricating behind the bumper to support it to the front chasis and finally some arch fittings to secure it.

Should cost approx £150-200 for it to be proffesionally modified to fit.

The car seems ok, although a little high on milleage, you'll have probably about 30k trouble free motoring taking into account all the relevant belt changes have been made and it's been well looked after with oil changes and regular services.

certainly worth looking at and I would go for about 2.5-3k mark, modifications seem of good quality which for buying in the modified market make it a good purhase if everything is as it looks

Kev :)

Can't tell exactly from the image as it's not clear, but that bumper could in fact straight on if it's the same model and year bumper.

Need a image from the front to be sure.

Kev

Btw both are quite near me, so if you do want the bumper or to have a look at the car, if I can be of any help..... let me know

Kev :)

nah, jus gatherin ideas for when the time comes to sell of the micra and get something with a bigger engine. Thats probably my limit to be honest 1.6 16v. Got some reasonable quotes too and i think i could do a lot with the bodywork on it, well not me but the bodyshop but just looking around for some ideas, cheers for the offer though

Back