i cant make my mind up

hey everyone, ive been looking for a 1.0l k11 for round about the 6-700 mark but ive come across a 1.3sr blue for 350ono (cant post the link its on autotrader) its got 3 main dints that i can see, do i go for this and repair it or look for a dent free one?

Thanks Dean

If you're happy fixing the dints, go for it. Be careful though, check the crossmember, brake lines etc for anything getting too corroded :).

Yeah im going to get a few quotes to see how much roughly it would cost to put right, and yeah I will do, if not if seen a clean white 1l that looks promising

The extra go of the 1.3 is worth having, just check for rot, £350 is a good price, for £6-700 you should be able to find a 1.3 that needs no work at all, :grinning:

Yeah will do, there's not many but I've just seen a nice looking super 1.3 its up lancashire £700 44k, I'm away up at the lake distract next weekend so hopefully he still has it :)

Cross member would cost around £200 to replace if it is rusting I believe? Not entirely sure, but even so, if its rusting, it shows that it probably has other signs of wear as well.

£700 would be amazing for a nice 1.3 and probably worth the extra performance :)

I managed to find a 1.0 blue 2002 Tempest for £1200 that had only 10k on the clock. Deal of the year lol.
Its fast, but a 1.3 would have certainly been more preferable.

Thanks for the info, yeah Im thinking that too, I've not found 1 without a problem, I've found a clean white 1.0 equation just over 700. Oh I read somewhere the model to go for is twister as its got more goodies and the one to avoid is profile, but doesn't say why?

The secondhand market is pretty bad at the minute for sellers, it's a buyers market, people aren't getting anywhere near the asking price, so my advice would be to to bid hard as cars just aren't selling

Back