I am so P off i wanna kill someone!!!!

tse_adam

Micra Attitude
Long story short, i paid £220 for a xbox 360 through ebay. the cheque got cashed but no item delivered! grr

then i found out there is no protection on using cheques and ebay can only offer up to £105 compensation if i go through a long ####ing process.

I managed to get hold of his registered address from ebay and another address where i sent my cheque to. I mean there must be a way to catch this scum as he collected my cheque from that address, even though he might not live there, it must have something to do with him. right?

I childishly waited longer for the item to arrive before i leave a neg feedback and then what happened? he went on to con another innocent!

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=deceptacon_tigre&item=280027303356&iid=280027303356&frm=1883&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:SID

what would you do if it was you?
is it worth reporting to the police? would they care?fwn

now i get to the point where i dont even care about the money, i just want him arrested, passed around like fresh meat in a prison. :love:

Please advice all those experienced ebayers out there!!!!

I cant beleive you sent a cheque for that much to someone that had 2 feedback scores alarm bells would have rang for me

especially when he done another 360 auction exactly the same. You may as well claim back what you can off ebay, then try and get him caught.

go to his adress with a shot gun ;)

ebay seems to get worse and worse with all these scammers. every time i sell something i get most of the bidders are scammers....

Ouch! And his userid is "deceptacon"
very sneaky of him, would have sent alarm bells ringing for me too though: "something that deceives or is intended to deceive; fraud; artifice."

I normally don't buy off some one with less that 10+ feedback unless I'm collecting it.

Sorry to hear about your problem. Could you go to the bank at all? see if they and the "conner's" bank will help you at all?

Gemma85 said:
I cant beleive you sent a cheque for that much to someone that had 2 feedback scores alarm bells would have rang for me

yea i know silly me, but it was 2 positive feedbacks so i thought everyone must make a start somewhere.:down:

Ian said:
especially when he done another 360 auction exactly the same. You may as well claim back what you can off ebay, then try and get him caught.

yea but it went well, but i tried contact that buyer with no success. i guess he must be his friend or something trying to pump up his account status. :down:

NeX said:
go to his adress with a shot gun ;)

ebay seems to get worse and worse with all these scammers. every time i sell something i get most of the bidders are scammers....

i will remember to use paypal next time which covers up to £500.

wilsonian said:
I normally don't buy off some one with less that 10+ feedback unless I'm collecting it.

Sorry to hear about your problem. Could you go to the bank at all? see if they and the "conner's" bank will help you at all?

bank saids cheque is the most unsafe payment method there is behind cash. once its cashed, its not traceable and it doesnt offer any kinds of protection.

o' man that's so gutting. I feel your pain. I remember last christmas I had my Paypal account hacked and someone went on a spending spree of about £400. I got all the cash back in the end, Paypal were very good!!

My advice....use Paypal.....you're covered up to £500. It's the best way 2 do business man!!!

But we can all have a go at you for not looking into it more, but we all learn from our mistakes. I wish you luck with your enquiries. I personally would get in touch with ebay try n get everything back off of them!!!

We'll send the Micra boys round this blokes house 4 ya!!!

MA 12.5 :-p said:
Haha love it!! this has to be the best way :p

Violence never solved anything!!!

Been thinking, maybe you could msg posters_int

Who sold him something, maybe they could give you a valid address of where they sent something....it may help...it may not....but if you're going to the police, the more info the better IMO!!!

decept-a-con... what a ####er... i hope he gets something bad happening to him tonight... like diahorrae for the next two weeks... diahorrae that makes your eyes water...

ollie240585 said:
Violence never solved anything!!!

Been thinking, maybe you could msg posters_int

Who sold him something, maybe they could give you a valid address of where they sent something....it may help...it may not....but if you're going to the police, the more info the better IMO!!!

VIOLENCE SOLVES EVERYTHING!!!!! FULL STOP people like this who scam hard workin folk outta cash should be shot obtaining money by deception is somethin i cant stand about ebay too many people at now can only be bad news for ebay all u seem to hear about now is negative press on ebay.

Sorry to be Mr Nasty but you can only blame yourself, cheque's are outdated, never buy something expensive of anyone on ebay with a rating off under 25, if they don't have a shop or not a power seller, get a land line number and address.

I am sorry for your loss though, it's a biatch when there's nothing you can do.
Goto the police, it is possible to trace what account the cheque was paid into if they wish to prosecute, let them know there are other people scammed, you should even contact them to see if all your details match up.

Hopefully you'll have learnt from this, be very careful!

All the best

Yeah Paypal is the way to go, they'll cover you...

Its happened to me this year, didn't get the item, claimed through Paypal and got the money straight back.

:doh: oh yea i hear you all, thx for all the comments including the ones up my backside! :grinning:

You see, nobody ever taught me how to use ebay. let this £100 be my first serious lesson and i promise i will not deal with such people again....ever! so bear in mind paypal and massive feedback..........i gotcha!

I spoke to the girl who got conned as well a hour ago and she has actually done even more research than me.

the cheques were made payable to Russell Alexander, but Stuart brown is the name registered with ebay. Both payable and home address are diffferent but both situated in Leeds under LS6 3DQ & LS6 1EB. (i might as well spill all the beans)

he cashed it from a Leeds Nationwide bank, he tried to explain why the item was not sent out to that lady and so he sent a modified version of his bank statment with the dates amended in Adobe. thats better than where i have gone cos i never heard from him after the payment.

in a couple more days, i will file a compensation with ebay and will print out all available info for the local coppers.

from the case's point of view, i think the coppers have every chance of catching this little 'teeth' but largely depend on whether the police will put their foot down on such small crimes or not.

Mean Micra i did think about slotting my Sat Nav in my k12 and speed off to Leeds with a few of my mates but then come to think about it i dont know what he looks like!! :doh: and i doubt the person in the house will know who he is.....

seriously though if i had a shotgun.........mmMMM:kungfu:

at this time of writing i realise he got his THIRD victim (sunderland) who paid over £250 for his......god bless him as well.

Finally i bought my 360 for £250 today....haha sod this, pay when i see it!!!

:doh: oh yea i hear you all, thx for all the comments including the ones up my backside! :grinning:

You see, nobody ever taught me how to use ebay. let this £100 be my first serious lesson and i promise i will not deal with such people again....ever! so bear in mind paypal and massive feedback..........i gotcha!

I spoke to the girl who got conned as well a hour ago and she has actually done even more research than me.

the cheques were made payable to Russell Alexander, but Stuart brown is the name registered with ebay. Both payable and home address are diffferent but both situated in Leeds under LS6 3DQ & LS6 1EB. (i might as well spill all the beans)

he cashed it from a Leeds Nationwide bank, he tried to explain why the item was not sent out to that lady and so he sent a modified version of his bank statment with the dates amended in Adobe. thats better than where i have gone cos i never heard from him after the payment.

in a couple more days, i will file a compensation with ebay and will print out all available info for the local coppers.

from the case's point of view, i think the coppers have every chance of catching this little 'teeth' but largely depend on whether the police will put their foot down on such small crimes or not.

Mean Micra i did think about slotting my Sat Nav in my k12 and speed off to Leeds with a few of my mates but then come to think about it i dont know what he looks like!! :doh: and i doubt the person in the house will know who he is.....

seriously though if i had a shotgun.........mmMMM:kungfu:

at this time of writing i realise he got his THIRD victim (sunderland) who paid over £250 for his......god bless him as well.

Finally i bought my 360 for £250 today....haha sod this, pay when i see it!!!

hi i know a lad got stung this way, add me to msn and ill explain cheers, richie _d3 @ hotmail.com

59 bhp is more than enough said:
ls6 i know where that is, its either student halls or near student halls for leeds uni

:love: life saver! great if you know where it it.......lock and loaded bro

LS6 3DQ is one of the addresses between 1-20 broomfield terrace,
LS6 1EB is one of the various flats or houses between 69-93 cardigan rd.
whoever it is they are right in the middle of studentville in headingley, so he/she is probably a student.

sonic said:
LS6 3DQ is one of the addresses between 1-20 broomfield terrace,
LS6 1EB is one of the various flats or houses between 69-93 cardigan rd.
whoever it is they are right in the middle of studentville in headingley, so he/she is probably a student.

this is getting interesting....

this happend to me once through ebay, we bought Reading festival tickets and paid by cheque, the day we were going to leave came and still no tickets, and several more had been advertised under his name

funnily enough his house was on the way to the festival, so we took a couple of crowbars with us and went to his house, needless to say his wife (who had no idea he was a scamming #######) wasnt too pleased, and after we explained and had proof that we had paid her husband, paid us the money back and we left and ended up buying tickets outside the festival

so we were lucky!

13 Broomfield terrace, Leeds LS6 3DQ
That is the one he sent the cheque to, either way - a crime has been comitted from that house.

Maybe a previous tenant in that house, who still has the keys. Worth contacting the Student Union accomodation office, find out who the landlord is. Or ask the current tenants - he may have ripped them off too.

Or go to the Uni itself and put up notices in the public areas, giving the address, the Ebay ID and asking for information.

Back