Hunt For The Mystical Super S Plexi Glass!

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Hey Guys/Gals Have A 1992 Super S (K10)
i have been hunting for the speedo plexi glass for a good six months now,
anyone know where i can find one other than scrappies cos i keep checking there anyways, do you think nissan dealers would be able to source one for me?

Cheers for the Help Guys/Gals

Shaun (Y)

and do the scrappies not have any?? i have one but there on a set of dials that im away to sell soon. there nice see through ones

and do the scrappies not have any?? i have one but there on a set of dials that im away to sell soon. there nice see through ones

well because mine is the super s it has a rev counter instead of a clock so there would be a hole there just wanted to know if i could get hold of that exact cover as i have tried and broken 2 other ones so far! grr

I have one, but not for Super S - it has clock adjuster hole. If you wanted, I could seal the hole with something like liquid plexi, but of course it would be visible. And by "one" I mean the whole dashboard from my 2nd micra, not only the plexi. If you are looking for more parts, let me know - 2nd car is in relatively good condition, I use it for spares.

i will have a look at a local nissan dealer that am good mates with so you whant one with out the clock hole ill have a word with him tomoz for you ok

do as i did when i made my custom clocks, just goe one off of an ls or something which only has the speedo reset hole and drill the other one in the right place.

do as i did when i made my custom clocks, just goe one off of an ls or something which only has the speedo reset hole and drill the other one in the right place.

ok am confused now...

i have 1 hole on the trip meter thats it... every other k10 has a clock instead of a rev counter and has 1 hole on the left instead of bottom center.

LS models have a rev counter?

Ahhh! fwn

Only the Super S plastic bit will fit. The dials are slightly different in that the plastic tabs at the top and bottom are not interchangable with other sets of dials.

Only the Super S plastic bit will fit. The dials are slightly different in that the plastic tabs at the top and bottom are not interchangable with other sets of dials.

Thankyou arnold! as i said have broken 2 other ones i mean i could "make" one fit for the benefit of M.O.T if it even matters, just hope nissan have the ability to get a 17/18 year old part :p

I doubt nissan would get the part and even if they could then it will be a shocker in price.

The LS didnt have the clock and only had one hole in it at the bottom for the trip reset, if it doesnt line up (i cant remember if it will but will check when i get home later) just drill another hole in the right place. you will end up with 2 holes but at least it will be right at the bottom.

right admitedly not the best pics in the world

THIS one is the basic LS clocks
c790_12.jpg

and THIS one is the super s one
DSC00828.jpg

to me they look in a very similar position so could fit, but if not either open up the hole or drill a new one

thankyou superls good to know what to hunt for that guy wants £42 for the clocks - ouch! think im gonna pitch a tent at the scrappies lol

right had a look last night, ive got some pics on my phone but lost my lead so havent posted them.

the above is wrong and there not LS clocks, the LS clocks didnt have a trip meter so no hole, they have no hole at all. ive had the dials with the clock along side the super s clocks and the trip reset appears to be in the same place soo, you should be able to use the front off of that but it would mean you hace a hole over your rev counter.

is this such a problem ???

alternatively you could get the front off of the LS dials and drill the hole, the LS clocks i have, the cover is no good, its got one of the lugs broke and the front is all scratched so i wouldnt feel right letting you have it.

hope this helps

p.s. whats wrong with the cover off yours, is it cracked?

ah thought they were different :( ah well, basically what happened was i was changing the cluster lights to blue so i had taken the cover off cleaned it and left it on the garage floor... my mate didnt see it but his shoe found it :(

As i said earlier there's more to worry about when it comes to fitting a different one than where the hole is for the clock. The plastic tabs are different sizes and in different places. You can glue them on if you cut them off but chances are they'll just come off when you snap them into place

As i said earlier there's more to worry about when it comes to fitting a different one than where the hole is for the clock. The plastic tabs are different sizes and in different places. You can glue them on if you cut them off but chances are they'll just come off when you snap them into place

yeah i have noticed it arnold but im thinking something there would just be a little beneficial and im getting exptremely stressed from the interwebs that dont have micra k10 parts anymore :( poor old thing :down:

the thing is i have a spare set of super s clocks here which i use, as im on a 5k mile limited insurance policy, wink wink.

the cover isnt perfect but i dont really want to take it off as the clocks will get damaged if i do, plus they wont have any re-sale value in the future. but if i ever decide to get rid ill give you the nod.

Been through two insurance claims, unfortunatly. They checked the milage, but they didn't know how many it had done when i took out the policy, so, how can they know how many you've done.

they normally do ask you but if you get yours through the internet sometimes you never have to fill that in, ah well i just say 6000 miles a year as i drive loads but im sure i wont top over that,
anyways back onto ye olde topic im gonna go scrappy tomorrow morning in the *sigh* rain and see if i get lucky....

right ive been having a play, i had a rather battered LS clocks cover. and ive made it fit the super s clocks.

little guide for you. i have pics on my phone but my lead is still missing.

there are 6 clips, 3 on top and 3 on bottom, the middle ones will need to be cut off leaving the 4 corner ones on.

you will need to measure the hole and drill it, if you havent got anything to measure off (i.e. the old cover) then ill give you the measurements.

there is also something else to do. on the super s clocks 2 triangular locating things are on the bottom, these are not on the LS ones, so you need to cut these out, you can mark them by putting the cover on and drawing around them.

be carefull as ite perspex and will smash as the first sign of abuse.

do not pilot the dirll hole start off with the size you want, and i find it best to use a blunt hacksaw blade for cutting.

hope this helps and ill post pics when i find my lead.

thats the clock dials with the rev-counter in, Ive had to do the same with mine cause i broke the speedo in my super s dials.

look close at the colour difference of the rev counter to the other guages

will see if a can find my ss dials to get the cover for you

thats the clock dials with the rev-counter in, Ive had to do the same with mine cause i broke the speedo in my super s dials.

look close at the colour difference of the rev counter to the other guages

will see if a can find my ss dials to get the cover for you

cool, phoned nissan and the guy seemed a little confused as to what i was driving lol

just seen a red k10 L in broadfield crawley it has just one hole for the tripmeter!
so it isnt just the super s i have to go scrappies and hunt again as my search has widened :p

the white dials in super ls pic are off a super so you could look for one of them as well as they only have the trip hole but then the super is almost as rare as the super s :(

the white dials in super ls pic are off a super so you could look for one of them as well as they only have the trip hole but then the super is almost as rare as the super s :(

well i have seen the one hole tripmeter plastic in an L type k10 so im gonna stay at the scrappies for a week i think and see what turns up :laugh:

the cover on the dials in an L type k10 wont fit casue the clips are in different places even though they look the same as the super s ones.

hows £4 sound for a super s plexi glass cover.

took a while to find was hidden in a bottom less pit called a loft :p

the cover on the dials in an L type k10 wont fit casue the clips are in different places even though they look the same as the super s ones.

hows £4 sound for a super s plexi glass cover.

took a while to find was hidden in a bottom less pit called a loft :p

Sounds Awesome Pm'd You! :p

dam one of the clips have broke off when removing it from dials, heres a few pics of it, let me know if your still interested, it not dirty just my crappy camera phone.

dialscover1.jpg

dialscover.jpg

dialscover2.jpg

Back