HU buttons gone haywire

My first post was going to be how to install a new HU to my K reg, but that proved easy enough after figuring out what adapters to get. The new mp3 player (acoustic solutions ICS-60) worked first time. That was 2 weeks ago. When we put in the face plate today, something didn't seem quite right. All the buttons seem to be not doing what they're supposed to. i.e. next track doesn't go to the next track, next directory doesn't go to next directory, etc. The volume dial is supposed to be clickable and cycle through bass, treble, balance but it doesn't. After a fashion, I found the previous track button function as the dial and all the button functions are all mixed up.
I have cleaned the contacts, they are still new and shiny anyway. I have pressed the reset button but nothing seemed to have changed.
Has anyone come across this problem or have any suggestions?

Return the item to the place you purchased it from.

This has nothing to do with the wiring and would be a fault with the head unit!

yea this is a problem with the head unit, you would do better to buy a higher quality head unit. also the headunit might be suffering from the heat.

I have the same sort of problem with my Goodmans headunit, but it sorts itself out once it's warmed up for 5 minutes. It was secondhand off ebay with fingerprint dust on it. Sounds a bit dodgey but it were only cheap.

Thank you for your replies. It's a shame cos it looks a decent low end HU that has the usb feature. This is the first HU that I've bought for any car so I didn't really know what to expect/look for and certainly didn't expect it would over heat. Do any of you have any suggestions of what to get for a low-end HU with usb feature that works well with the K11?

Back