Removing Stock K10 Radio

C88

Ex. Club Member
Hey guys,

I'm trying to replace my stock FM/AM radio with a new HU, but I'm having difficulty figuring out how to remove the stock unit.
There doesn't seem to be any where to use any kind of traditional stereo keys and I can't find anything about this in the Haynes manual.

Has anyone removed one of these? (I'm sure someone must have!)

Any help would be appreciated, it looks like this...

5887534674_e72059f4bd.jpg

Thanks in advance!

if you take the ask tray all the way off the screws are securing it from beneath then pull the radio forward with the nob or push from the back :)

Yep pull ash tray all the way open then tilt it up at the front and pull it out, you may have to jiggle it side to side it it's stubborn. And as mr hug says, there is one scrw holding on the ash tray slide plate, and then once you take that off there are two screws behind it holding the radio in place. It might be worth keeping the stock clarion deck incase you ever sell the car, saves leaving a hole in the dash and you can claim "it's so origional it even has the genuine radio" lol.

Thanks for the help guys, I think I might never had figured this out otherwise!
Unfortunately after taking it all apart I decided the new H/U I picked up was a bit rubbish so the stock the radio has gone back in for now, still at least I know how to replace it now!

Which reminds me, how do I thank posts?

Ok I'm clearly being an idiot but I just cannot find any sort of thanks button!

This thread does not do any good for my perceived intelligence.

Ok I'm clearly being an idiot but I just cannot find any sort of thanks button!

This thread does not do any good for my perceived intelligence.

strange,you wanna remove it you dont wanna remove it, reposition it somewhere else then?

Thought you would all be glad to now I have now replaced the radio with a H/U I'm happy with

5908764823_66ea313503.jpg

Basically I'd bought one off ebay originally that was a bit rubbish so the stock radio went back in until today.

Also planning to make a new black surround to neaten it up again.

Thanks again to everyone for the help, was much easier this time!

The origional surround should go back on, all you'll need to do is file it down a little bit around where the deck/head unit meets it. Worked fine for me and every other k10 i've fitted a deck into. (Y)

Back