HTML help

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
Am playing about with some website work again and had a idea I'm sure I've done before ages ago but chucked most my college work ages ago.

There's a top bar which is in a frame so is always there, then you have a menu bar, example:
HOME
CONTACT US
MALE
FEMALE

When these are clicked you go to appropriate page, but what I'd like is in the top bar when MALE or FEMALE is clicked a symbol or image of these is changed/shown.

Anyone know how?

Ok, I kinda got it, on click it appears but then disappears :(

The buttons being clicked are already mouseover buttons and I've kinda been able to utilise the code already there but I think this is the problem because the original button restores so I think this is happening to the symbol

im a little confused :glance: as to WHERE YOU WANT the images to appear?

u have a top frame and a menu frame, but when you click a link in the menu frame, do you want the image that is on/behind the hyperlinked text to change or another image to appear in say the "main frame"

cheers
napster

can't remember off the top of my head but try

http://javascript.internet.com/forms/

have a look around there....

it's something like <a href:="" Target:="bottomFrame.htm ImageScr:="file://bottomFrame/image1.gif">

i think if you get the image in the top frame to equal a generic image with the same name on each form then get the image to refresh onclick....

please excuse my HTML i'm alittle rusty

Okay, more proof I'm a night person, started working on problem again after 12am, tired, twitchy eye (no idea why but annoying), thought, I know, lets delete all the code input buy Dreamweaver for imageovers and try something else.

It works now :D

Frontpage and Dreamweaver do love throwing in so much complicated code so when you add your own they conflict and editing it is a pain.

Cool thing is it's only a simple visual thing but the people I'm making it for will love it, the more they love the more I can charge :D

Back