How to remove wings? How to paint and best paint?

Title says it all, I want to take my front wings off and paint them black, what's the best paint to use for them and how would I go about painting them? Thanks.

To take the wings off bumper needs to come off too and possibly lights. Basically just pulling bolts out. Best paint really depends on how your gonna paint. By hand, spray can, compressor. Most important thing is prep work as always with painting, youtube will tell you everything you need. Best thing about paint is if you mess up you can sand down and repaint.

Bumper can stay on. Ive removed them with and without removing it. The two lower bolts near the sill will shear off, and you'll have to drill holes through and use a nut and bolt when refitting, unless you're really careful. There's a bolt hidden above the door hinge also. Remove the headlight first then the wheel arch plastic cover. The bumper is clipped into a plastic piece bolted onto the front wing at the side. Take off indicator and remove rest of bolts. Tadaa.

Bumper can stay on. Ive removed them with and without removing it. The two lower bolts near the sill will shear off, and you'll have to drill holes through and use a nut and bolt when refitting, unless you're really careful. There's a bolt hidden above the door hinge also. Remove the headlight first then the wheel arch plastic cover. The bumper is clipped into a plastic piece bolted onto the front wing at the side. Take off indicator and remove rest of bolts. Tadaa.

Agree with all of that mate, last weekend and just for interest I removed my 2002 2nd FL front nearside wing, took 10 mins approx and without removing the bumper! :)

Andy :D

Back