Best paint for car interior

title says it all really. Want to know the best paint for painting the interior bits of the car eg the control unit dash board etc but not the fabric parts.
Thanks

Halfords seems to get a bad name but ive had good results from their spray paint and its a decent price too. You need to take your time and prepare the surface properly first if you want good results.

Sand back with wet and dry paper, then a layer or two of primer, leave it to dry fully, then a few layers of paint, let that dry fully too and then a few layers of lacquer.

Just take your time and it will be worth it as youll have a good finish rather than a patchy one. And spray it on in thin coats and let dry between or youll end up with runs and the paint underneath not setting properly.

Could take a couple of days but you will be much happier with the result.

Thanks for the advice. What lacquer would you recommend? Yeah I'd looked at halfords but it was pricey, I kinda like the result I have so I'm just going to buy the stuff to do it properly. What would you recommend doing to the parts I've already painted, sand them down first to remove paint?

its only like 7 or 8 quid for a big can if i remember correctly, any DIY shop sells the stuff for about a tenner a can

yea just sand everything down and start again but take your time and build up the layers slowly, good tip is keep your hand moving so you dont spray too much in one place

again halfords lacquer does the job

also sanding and primer first is a good idea because it gives better surface for the paint to stick too, if you are spraying straight onto the plastic without sanding or priming first it wont work too well

its only like 7 or 8 quid for a big can if i remember correctly, any DIY shop sells the stuff for about a tenner a can

yea just sand everything down and start again but take your time and build up the layers slowly, good tip is keep your hand moving so you dont spray too much in one place

again halfords lacquer does the job

also sanding and primer first is a good idea because it gives better surface for the paint to stick too, if you are spraying straight onto the plastic without sanding or priming first it wont work too well
Thanks for the advice, appreciated

If you can get urethane clear gloss its real shiny if thats what your looking for. Shiny speedo cover reflects light on the windscreen in my case. Wasnt the best idea haha

Shiny speedo cover reflects light on the windscreen in my case. Wasnt the best idea haha
Haha yeah I could imagine. Thanks for the heads up a shiny effect is what I was looking for yeah. It's shiny the bits I've done, but drippy too. One tin of paint only covered the fuse cover, cover under your cig lighter/ashtray in front of gear stick and also the cover around my speedometer. Didn't cover much but then again it was only £1

Back