Fuel per tank

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Hey guys/girls

Wondering how many kms do you get to a tank of fuel before the fuel light come on?

Reason why I ask this is because I'm getting 430-440 sometime 450 when my light comes on(highway driving), I think my injectors my need a ultrasound and clean but would like to know what you guys get per tank

The only mods I have are extractors, and I dont thrash it constantly

Thanks in advance

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
i get about 500 for peak hour traffic - 550km before the light.

I have a Super S with about 280,000km on it. With a Pod filter and my super s alloys,
with the VSKFs and AC running its a bit less but still in that 500 range
Mine actually gets better economy when i drive it a bit harder.

Try running higher tire pressures and throw a injector clean fuel additive into it as well. Changing the old oil always give me a noticeable boost in economy when service time comes round too

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
I run 36psi tyre pressure and I ran a injector clean but noticed nothing, I have no AC or PS so that doesnt matter and I'll be changing the oil this week(5000km)

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
RTK WROTE:
I think my injectors my need a ultrasound and clean but would like to

Unless your engine is running rough then your wasting your money doing that. Best starting point is to replace the O2 sensor. Buy a genuine one or aftermarket one.

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
I have replaced the o2 sensor last service I noticed a 20km difference that was all so something isn't right

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
What type of sensor though? (Cheap aftermarket or gen?) Also so many things can effect fuel economy eg a mates car had shocking fuel use and it turned out to be a sticky rear brake cylinder that was causing the rear drums to be always engaged slightly. Unless your motor is running a bit rough I would not think it was an injector issue.

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
The O2 sensor was an aftermarket one from Repco($90), and it's a super s so no brake sticking, idles at like 300-400rpm in first and neutral, and about 2200-2300rpm at 110kph

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
I know my speedo isnt out, I've had to tested, the only difference it the width, could that have a problem? Even with 14s it shouldn't have a 100km difference in fuel to what you guys are getting

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
Wider wheels will to an extent increase mpg because of increased friction (grip) and more air resistance. But that said i never had a huge change in economy with my wider wheels on.

Are you are running any stretch on your tyres? sizes might actually be different if they are stretched or a bigger profile.

Also chek if there is an electrical drain somewhere (dodgey earth, high demand car alarm) as the engine would need o work harder to recharge the battery because of the electrical loses.

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
I get a fuel smell at least 4-5times a week but there is no leak stain at the o rings around the injectors

Back