How much would you pay for...

A 1993 Nissan Micra Super S 1.3 in Red with 99,500 on the clock, in immaculate cosmetic condition, without taking it for a test drive?

Im going to an auction to buy myself another Micra and i need to know what you guys think. Thanks a lot.

Wayne

£600 - £750 or so i would. The engines do last a while if they're looked after and the bodywork sounds great. Id only say more if the engine was a lower milage.

At least £700 IF it works fine, obviously on auction you have no guarantee.

SuperS's aren't easy to get in good condition, could see how much that white one on eBay goes for

Wayne said:
how many miles past the 100k mark would you say it would do on average?

No limit if been looked after, don't see whats with people thinking 100K is bad, I'm on 94K with no sign of problems, ricardoswarez is on something like 115K and his seems fine too

Well ive had a good look at it and the only damage is a minute hairline scratch on the tailgate, no rust, no paint over, no scratches, dents. Baring in mind, the car is 13 years old it looks great, has service history up to 87k n has MOT until April 2007 also.

Just a bit worried about buying a dud, but i guess we will have to wait and see.

Cheers guys.

have you poked the front cross member to see if its rusted. i went to auction to check a micra there for rust but instead couldnt even see it, it was pushed back about a foot or so rearwards! obviosuly been in a crash and tried to sell quickly. the bumper must have been a used replacement to hide it. also seen or rather heard a few micras drive through the auction with an obviousy knackered gearbox, that tends to be the weaker 1.0 pre 98 boxes though.

I cant say i have to be honest, but i will have a look shortly. The car is a part exchange from reg vardy as well, i forgot to mention.

Il have a good look when i go. So how much would you pay?

Personally i wouldn't bother, a mate bought a great looking car that 'run's well' only to find after she had bought it that it needed various parts replaced like the driveshaft!!!

Back