How much to replace front member?

B

Ben

As the title says, looks like it could need replacing, anyone know what kind of figures i should be looking at?

ive got a old bumper off my K11 which ive still got since i had my bodykit on, if u want pics or anything let me know. has a slighjt scuff on 1 of the corners tho

richard, this isnt what the topic is about, its about the front cross member which is what i need to know - i have been told it could be close to £1000 which is ridiculus.

However Richard, if you could supply some pics of this bumper to - [email protected] or even in here if u want that would be great, could work something out with you. Where are you based

Nex, that site is quite good, it has the whole front panel with the member for £37.5 which sounds good but then it would be the fitting too which might get a bit out of hand. They do the bumpers too whcih i might have to look into

i told you ya can get em for around £40
cheaper on ebay when they come up. and all you need to do is undo the sportwelds at either end and respot weld them

hhahahaha

hmm

poss not :p

so i dont think u should advertise that for him.

and since he peed off everytime u put his name down for everything without asking him. i think you should ask him instead of just saying he will. as then it giving false pretences.

he MOST PROBABLY WILL like. but i very much doubt it

richie will be doin his before long lol it got a massive hole in it :S and my sills and my driveshaft and my.....

sorry, my wrong fella, swear i saw something 2 do with bumpers but then again i was half asleep at the time lmao ill get some pics and send them over, im based in stevenage, hertfordshire what about u?

RE: RE: How much to replace front member?

Big_ben said:
Nex, that site is quite good, it has the whole front panel with the member for £37.5 which sounds good but then it would be the fitting too which might get a bit out of hand. They do the bumpers too whcih i might have to look into

i think the site does everything. and they are trust worthy too. i wouldn't have thought fitting would be too hard to do yourself, but at least you can get the parts and then if it's too hard then call on a garage.....

[BUMP]

My brother's K11 has several large holes in its front crossmember that were caused by rust. When he jacks up the front of the car the bonnet rises and the whole front distorts! :wow:

The car definitely needs a new crossmember.

The question is: What do I need to remove in order to replace the crossmember? Would I have to remove the engine so that I can remove the fore-aft member, or is there some trick to avoid this?

unless you are any good with an angle grinder and welder then you have no chance! I had to pay £175 for the labour and £40 or so for the actual member. I went down to the bodyhop when mine was in n was surprised to see that they only took the front bumper, lights and grill off n that was pretty much it. I have to admit though they done the good job and was worth the money. Everything is welded together in that department

Ben

Thanks for the information ben :)

I'm proficient with an angle grinder, and have spot-welded a few things before.

It can't be that difficult... If I get stuck I can always take it to the bodyshop on a trailer :laugh:

Back