replace micra front shock with peugeot 307?

asdame

Ex. Club Member
hey
my micra's front right shock may require replacing cos when i push on that corner it bounces twice whereas the other shocks only bounce once as theyre suppose to.

i know ur suppose to replace both shocks simultaneously and'll cost arm n leg.

but i was curious when i remember that my familys peugeot 307 front righthand had recently been crashed into by an eejit and after the dealership repaired it they left the old suspension shock n lower arms n wheel in the boot (thought was odd cos why didn't they dispose of em if theyre damaged?)

anyway my Q is could the shock from that 307 be used in the micra? it still works. i'll try post pic of it soon.

sort answer, no

longer answer, no it wouldn't with modifications as the chances of the bolt pattern will be different and im guessing they will be longer than those on the K11.

Dampers are not that much, £150 will get you a complete set of uprated ones

meh ok

n i guess it'll also be stiffer than the softer left shock cos it's newer, causing n unequal front suspension behavior.

£150's alot. was thinkin of just the stock one's. dealerships obviously £££
i think online there was a pair for £96

what if i just left it? would it pass the MOT if only one corners just reboundin twice?

^ah yes of course
nice one

i happen to see a k11 in a scappy when i take the train to work. i'll pop in there one day when i stripped the car.

although on a note, how would i know the scappy micras shocks also not duffed when it's stacked on top of other cars? or do i just take a gamble.

Back