How much have you spent on your micra?

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
what is the most expencive micra here ??

i think i have put about £2k's worth of crap on my car :)

..........and it goes slower nowfwn

lol..
to be honest

aint a clue.lol

if i even think of pricing some of the stuff up. i would come close to near 3k.

but most the stuff i AQUIRED. so would knock half from that. ie my alloys. the guy i bought them from bought them brand new. spanking. and only road used them for a month to go to JAE in his civic.

once JAE was out the way he was totally changing the style. thus why i bought them. and at a very very good price too.

but that was again cos i knew him aswell.

and built part a web based server for him

so i would say 2k at least aswell

i say overall i have spent a good 2k at least

not enough!!! realistically i not spent that much as i aint had that much to spend.... but as soon as i get some cash it will b going straight onto the car. I was lucky as buying the car with mods already on it tints, lowered, wheels etc

Nex, think maybe you've missed the point... Supposed to make it faster! ;) What about cheapest one too? Mine was 60quid, 10 for the engine, 40 for the springs, 20 for seats & free backbox :slm:

Plus service bits & 2 rear shocks, reckon 400quid ish total over 18 month :p

im upto like 3k including the car which was £800, project is knowhere near finished i got at least another 2k to spend i think

well its the sub and alloys which have slowed the car down but when i have the cash i'm going 2ltr turbo then it'll go like ****e off a shovel :)

my cheepest mod was the rear window wiper convertion. i was quoted from nissan:

130 for the motor
30 for the arm
10 for the blade

and it cost me..... nothing i took it apart and modded it myself :)

Including price of car nearer 5k, that was without the plans I had for this year which would have taken to around 10-11k total....

my only problem is im 18 and my anual wage is like 7k so i havnt done bad to say i spent 3k since july 2004

lucky you, i'm 18 and have an income of about 4k a year,

thankyou so much credit card Grr!!!!

Some of u kids think u are so hard up, I was earning that when I was 19 and i was paying for an 11k car every month (£235 just for the car), but still modified it and had the nicest lookin k11 in the club, that was 5 years ago when u had to be origional cos nowt was available for the k11 so was more expensive to do....

Sheesh!

yeah its crap avin no money ,,:) its like wen i go down town with my mates there are 25-30 year olds with modded corsas and astras ect,,lol ,,and they laff at my car cos its it dont look like i have done much to it compared to thier cars,but they dont realise that thier 30 with 12years no claims and they double my anual wage packet ,,hmm and i still think my car looks better !,,and goes alot better as i keep proving time and time agen :)

i bet your insurance was under 2500 and back then there was no such thing as a modern aprentiship......

Modern apprenticeships did exist, and the quotes i had were over 2k, but i had a brand new car with 2 years free insurance which made up for that amount....

Try sepnding over £250 ontop of that for petrol every month aswell!

oh yeah thats a swine too,,petrol,phone,bill,insurance,,,all comes to at least,,£400 :)

roll on payrise !

did you think you had it hard?

it seems like when ever you were born, it aint easy being young :p

Lol, not hard, i survived, just people now adays are so much better off, but think they are hard up, lol, does my head in sometimes, especially when u see how many student dossers are in the world who get money for nowt. Dont mind if they help fund it themselves, but its when they sit on theirs ass and others pay for them that gets me....

stop whining u bunch of losers.
at that age i was facing jail and 6k fines :p

everyone has had it hard. no one more than the other.

if we go down the road of how much we paid for cars and all that stuff then thats stupid.

as prices vary from area to area. and all sorts. and plus i would rather spend as little as possible. than to pay throu77ght he roof just to have the same standard of car.

im the first in this country to have a ga16 powered k10. first to have a big brake conversion ( both not proven that i aint) and do you know how much
that would have cost me.

£30

do you know why?

cos thats the prce i payed for my k11.

all the work i do myself. i got given my k10 when i had lost my liscence. from my next door neighbour.
and i was also given the primera froma friend up the road.

£30 for that!!!

overall i say i have put towards my car. 7 other cars. i think the most i poaid for one of them was £90.

the most expensive car i have bought was the super. and i paid 300 for it.
and thats out of ALL the cars i have owned. includng the supra.

cheaper the better in my eyes. as long as the quality is just as good.

be it i have paid for sundries etc. lots of money.
my headlights were 150/ rear lights were 120./

but. the money i have made through stripping my other cars selling parts etc. i believe out of the 2k i have spend.

i have made 1k/1.5k of that from the cars.

so i theory i believe i could havce spend no more than £500.
but. say alot more has gone towards it. prices i couldnt even think of :S

ill make a list of it when i get chance

fair enough....

has anyone heard the Kanye West album "college drop out"?

it says some funny things about people still in education :)

I wanted to work as soon as I could to get a head start....

Well I went to college to get a gnvq in computing and then got a job as soon as I left, still here now, in a different dept tho and earning stacks more cash thankfully. lol

Yup, life sucks,

You work to get money, and u need money to survive, so u work to survive!

Just gotta hope u get some perks along the way, lol

RE: RE: How much have you spent on your micra?

SR_Micra_Boy said:
Lol, but I'm not insane like u, lol

and I'm allowed to whinge, I'm the oldest person posting in this thread thus far, lol

Haha, don't know, it might have to come down to months ;) But then I'm not a northener so don't feel the need to complain quite as much...

Ok, just messing, before it gets nasty!

And how many times? Grants were abolished 6 years ago, students or their families are the only ones footing the cost. I understand where you're coming from, it's one of the reasons I'm not at Uni any more. But if you're paying for my education you owe m some money!! :p

what you need to do is computer programming in C,

i have a mate that lives in the Baharmas with a laptop and one day a week he sits on the beach, programs C and sends it off. then he gets £1000 a week!!!

BSTARD!!

i spent about £2400 on my car since i got it just over a yr n half ago...(those r the bits that r on the car now, didnt count like the amount of tires i gone through etc...) car was £3000 when i brought it with 15,000 miles back then. shheesshh nearly spent as much on it as the cost of the car.

Don't like to think how much I have spent on the car really lol. Kev did most of the work so that has saved me loads hehe... Cheers Kev. :p Think he spent £5k+ on it IIRC. Getting a new engine next week again though and then looking to do about another £2k's worth of bodywork so it certainly aint cheap though lol. :p

the only things i have bought for my car is an induction kit, which should of cost £25 but i got for £13.99 because the box was damaged,and my 6X9s for £15 off my mate,

the rest of my mods,

bass tubes(free)
cd player(xmas present off girlfriend)
gear nob (bday present off mate)
seat covers(bday present off girlfriend)
wheel trims lol(thank you present from my mum for drivin her everywer when she worte off her car!)
backbox(free off my mate it thought it would fit his corsa but didnt)

oh and i serviced it! free modding lol. shame some little chavs decided they would somehow nick my backbox over night

it wasnt the best of boxs but it still went, they did leave an adjustable spanner on the floor tho under my car! i also put a exhaust trim on as well but that went as well. n00b headed chavs

I worked out that owning the march St cost me about £16K in total over 3 years. About half of that was fuel, the rest on maintainance and insurance. I honeslty dont know how I afforded that.

I have no idea to be honest........

But I'm careful with my money, if I use my credit card, I always make sure I can pay it back immediately come the next statement.

I dont like having debt.

I reckon I'm doing rather well for someone at uni :)

Not much may be £200 for my mods, that includes K+N, Spax lowering springs, mountney wheel, and all my audio equipment, which i got second hand. With insurance general sevicing parts and petrol is probably well over 2K over the last year and half.

prob around 2.5k includin the seats buyin from micar in a few weeks! lol! thats

car - 352
cat back - 135
seats - 60
skirts - 20
springs - 50
manifold - 110
bumpers - 70
wheels - 350
tints - 130
induction kit - 90
smooth boot - 100
throttle body - 88
Ice - 1600
dials - 30
strut brace - 25
brakes - 90

well i paid £1000 for my car, and i have about £1200 since i got it, thats on wheels, buckets, induction kit, front & rear bumpers, skirts and ibiza splitter, rear lights, harness' and little bits inside, not even started yet tho, wait till im 18 and let loose with a credit card!!:devil: :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I paid £1500 for my car, all mods included and since paid

£150 for clarion head unit (£400 rrp :suspect: )
£85 for a new tyre
£40 for a new battery
£6 for etched nissan tax disc holder
£6 for Nissan seatbelt covers
£2 for new gearbox plastic surround

not forgetting oil filter and oil :)

buying car 2600
bigger brakes 200
alloys 250
engine conversion 500
gearbox conversion 150
ICE 300
lowering springs 130
k&n 70
imobiliser 100

Total so far £4300 - just the bits i remember, add fuel, services, insurance etc thats nearer £7k

Recalculating actual figures as to what other people have...

£1150 - audio (door speakers, 6x9's, 2x12" subs 2xamps <-all audiobahn...stealth shelf, crap ass sony hu going to replace)
£150 - tints
£150 - alarm/central locking
£550 - alloys
£700 - whiteline stuff (still 2 come but put down anyway)
£300 - private plate (inc plates)
£50 - induction kit
£75 - accessories(inc ariel, tax holder, gear knob)
total - £3125
other stuff
£1400 + £1400- petrol "at least" (each yr, havent had 2 yrs but counting 2)
£1300 + £1200 (2yrs paid full) - insurance
£350 - tires + new brakes
£3000 - car itself (had 15,000 mile now 50,000 thats cronic milage)
£250 - paint work (had a scrape on one of the sides b4)
£40 - some guy to remove all dints...
total £12,065
time length - 1yr n 7months

only explaination is just me being stoopid n not shopping around n being ripped off by every 1 lol (told u i wasnt that much of a poor student) but
£12,065 + girly = very poor me :)

no point even going into prices for petrol etc . thats just stupid.

well quick working out between us for waynes (quickdraw) is :

3750 - just mods.

6450 - insurance and tax (no petrol etc. as thats just stupidity.)

once the ga16 is fully in 7305
crazy insane

Retepetsir said:
I dont like having debt.

I reckon I'm doing rather well for someone at uni :)
Neither do I, in the black (have an overdraft just in case) and no card debt though I still have £8000ish in student loan, heh heh. Actually, I'm a final year, one of my housemates is and the other works and they owe me just over £1000 for the bills I wound up paying for the 3 of us after they were too stupid not to spend all their money; they're paying it off... slowly, we're all waiting with baited breath for the tax rebate in April (or whenever it comes) :)

I think I must've spent about £3 on modding my (dad's) Micra with some strips down the edge of the doors so I don't knock the paint off when I open them into a wall :D I get the same deal my sis did when she was at Uni; dad's old car with free insurance, servicing and repairs and I pay for the petrol (about £27 a fortnightish) and random things I fix myself e.g. wipers.

Titch58 said:

Disagree when today fuel is where most of the cost of running a car is. For example when the ST was on a road, I was spending on average about £60 a week fuel. You cannot ignore an expense like that :)

Ed said:
Titch58 said:

Disagree when today fuel is where most of the cost of running a car is. For example when the ST was on a road, I was spending on average about £60 a week fuel. You cannot ignore an expense like that :)

i meant even going into saying how much it has cost you
rather than it not important:p

Back