How much BHP

CMF_moleymolo

» CMF Member
Greetings everyone.

Just curious - seen/heard lots of turbo/supercharger conversions on micras but I want to know - How much BHP could you get from a N/A Micra K11 Engine?

I've seen one at around 120bhp but then again I've also seen a twin-Cam Mini with 180bhp, which is a hell of a lot for the same size engine - 1360cc (no joke either...)

Is there any way of getting a Micra that high without a turbo or a surpercharger?

Edit: I forgot to say this is for a 1.3 not a 1.0 engine.

CMF_germank11

» CMF Member
Hi moleymolo!

Today my new engine arrived, it is an engine from Matthew Humphris, runned in the micra-rallyecups. It is a 1.3 engine with 120bhp. Matthew told me that the 1.4 engine seems to have around 140bhp.

180bhp... i think it is a combination of different enginemodifications. Look at the motorcycles, small cylinder capacity and up to 180 bhp. I think it is a matter of rpm, or am i going wrong?

regards,
christian

CMF_moleymolo

» CMF Member
Thanks for the replies. Just found out there is a Micra with a 1.3 engine that has 180bhp! (o turbo or anything)

I think it was a set of throttle bodies and some major machining of ports, crank etc.

I'm going in a race class for "special saloons upto 1400cc" and the rest are minis, but have a 32cm shorter wheelbase so hoping all the work into the micra will give me better handling - the mini owners complain like hell of a very twitchy back end (the car, not them...)

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
There is a NA CG motor used in a RWD datsun rally car over here that revs past 10,000rpm & puts out somewhere around the 200bhp mark. Got a feeling it's a CG10 to keep within whatever displacement rules there are for it's class.

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
There is a NA CG motor used in a RWD datsun rally car over here that revs past 10,000rpm & puts out somewhere around the 200bhp mark. Got a feeling it's a CG10 to keep within whatever displacement rules there are for it's class.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
moleymolo WROTE:

"Thanks for the replies. Just found out there is a Micra with a 1.3 engine that has 180bhp! (o turbo or anything)

I take it you're talking about this one?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

---dens

CMF_germank11

» CMF Member
@ frank2

Yes i am going to start a blog, but at first i will start the project and not just "talk" about it. The engine arrived, and in the next 2-3 weeks i will start with the first steps, but there is much more to do, i keep you up to date!

I think power above 160-180bhp on 1.0 or 1.3 is "easy" to realize, like i said look at some motorcycle engines. The main thing will be to ?stabilize? (don't know the english word sorry) the engine for high rpm. Balance and lighten the whole engine, think about acceptable engine-cooling and things like that.

CMF_germank11

» CMF Member
moleymolo WROTE:

"Yeah thats the one. Anyone know where to get parts or even better an engine like that?

I think you can finish the engine parts at every good engine- or motorsport company. Just ask around, but it will cost a lot of money, at least here in germany. Here are some company like that.

For the complete engine, just search the web, i have found my engine by chance, and it got all modifications i want to do to my stock engine, so it was a godsend!!

good luck!

deNs WROTE:

"moleymolo WROTE:<BR><BR>"Thanks for the replies. Just found out there is a Micra with a 1.3 engine that has 180bhp! (o turbo or anything)"</DIV><BR><BR>I take it you're talking about this one?<BR><BR><EMBED src= width=425 height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED><BR><BR>---dens<BR><BR>

that's one of mullhollands race cars. me and gtrholic had a good sus at it when we were over their.. it runs either a 1.5 or 1.6L nissan engine. forget what it was.. definately not a cg thou. well it wasn't a cg when we were looking at the engine bay lol.

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
For the sort of revs required from a 1.6L or smaller engine to produce 180hp normally aspirated, it can't have been a GA, a CA16DE would but then I'd just use the CA18DE or maybe CA20 block with CA18DE head. Did it have red rocker covers?
The CA has a different bellhousing bolt pattern to CG/GA but the CA16DE did come out with a front drive version of the RS5F31V gearbox, so same gearbox mounts & can use CVT driveshafts. It'd be a fairly easy bolt in aside from the RHS engine mount, space is probably OK given it's relatively compact size.

There would have to be a good reason to spend the money to modify a small capacity engine. Cheaper to swap in something with larger capacity.

it was far far far from a direct bolt in.. engine work, diff pistons/rods massive headwork etc... looked pretty ga spec.. cam cover was red from memory but was over a year ago now so memory is vague.. i'll see if i took some pics of that particular car but i don't think so as ol mate mullholland wasn't a big fan of the photography..neither were hks kansai lol. edit: nope. only got a snap of the back of the car dammit. i'll ask chris when i see him next, he probably would have remembered what engine it was... seeing as he speaks jdm

Back