how hard can it be?

scott if your handy with a welder (witch i know you are lol) it shouldnt be mega bad. worst thing would be cutting on one out IMO.

its just im weighing up wat to do, this is what is wrong
DSC01394.jpg

atm ive pulled it out the best i can and filled it to a rough shape, but its not perfect, plus the rear cach lip is a little rotten and there is a dent under the filler cap thats been there ever since i had the car.

you wont need to fit all the panel then? just buy the panel and cut out what you need if you get me?

shame theres no k10's in the chesterfield scrappys. as i see you need a door aswell.

Put it up against the old one, mark where to cut, cut it out, weld it in, grind the welds flat and fill, then paint. You should be able to do it in a day

if im putting anything in im putting the whole piece in, the whole reason i looked for the whole panel was to avoid welding and filling part panels in.

just got an email back about postage tho, £40, i think ill stick with it as it is for now, lol

Replacing the rear quarter

As you're quite good at welding you should be able to follow the info below :)

Replacingrearfender.jpg

replacingrearfender_2.jpg

replacingrearfender_3.jpg

replacingrearfender_4.jpg

Hope that helps :)

dave, lift the bonnet and theres the 5 ish bolts holding the wing on there, remove the bumper and there are another 2 bolts at the front, underneath just behind the wheel there is a bolt there, and open your door and look where the hinges are and you will see another bolt there, all 10mm iirc. and obviously remove the clips holding the wheel arch liner out aswell.

Back