how do you get this look

CMF_mighty mouse

» CMF Member
hi all im lookin at a lot of pics and im getting a good idea of what im going to do to my micra and i just wanna know how to get this effect with the tyres and rims i reckon it would lookphat specially with 15 inch mini lites and a gren pepper front bar smoothed rear bar and super s rear spoiler and colour coded everything!!

Attachments

• 19366.jpg
    19366.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 51

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
You need as close to zero offset as possible rims. You may want to look at the Konig Rewind rim. Available in a range of sexy colours they are just like the original minilite, just cheaper and more availble. But don't take my word for it haha GTRHOLIC knows more about getting the phat look.

Genuine Minilites are rare and expensive, hard to find in 15" as well.

Watanabe RS8 and Black Racing 8 spokes are the closest in rims from Japan. These are also expensive considering the condition they're usually in (the import cost from japan is what gets you).

To get that inwards tyre look you need to fit tyres which arent wide enough for the rims. I can guarantee you aren't going to find ANY tyre on the australian market which will let you do this. 195/45R15 is the standard and most available size for micras with 15" rims. The next which is appearing more often now is 185/45R15 - i havent seen these fitted to a micra yet. You might try finding a guy on these forums named robbo (i think) though...

Goodluck. Its a pretty cool look for the K11. Better than those god awful bodykits some people seem to be interested in.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Also look at getting perhaps 175's-185's to get a stretched look similar to whats on the AXIS wheels on Mighty, just a bit more stretched. Be wary though as that is an instant defect, cab ride home and tow truck to tyre place in ACT

Also in ACT if your tyre is even 1mm past the widest part of the guard its also an instant defect regardless of tyre/wheel choice

I would also HIGHLY recommend NOT to use spacers to achieve the look as you'd be saying goodbye to bearings, bushes and perhaps studs as well

But it looks cool so who cares :p

Sean

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
You got the Konig Rewinds?

PICS or I'll pay cisco to ban your ass. :p

I wanna see them on mighty first I guess! I love them. :D

Won't need spacers with the 0 offset rims hehe. They might stick out a bit more than those wheels on the red car too. To be legal in canberra it sounds like you'll have to get the wide guards!! Not that it matters much becuase the wide guards are HOT!

http://www.micra.com.au/photos/displayimage.php?album=9&pos=119 MEAN!

http://www.micra.com.au/photos/displayimage.php?album=9&pos=237 mmm they need to be a bit more chunky though.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
New Gel... Without publicly slandering the business...

Lets just say that you can get much better deals elsewhere not only in price but also in quality/product turnaround

Sean

Back