How do I swap this fuse block? (Radiator Fan)

The fuse has gone for my radiator fan, it is in a block of three fuses.

Does anyone know if it has to be replaced as a block?

The centre of the 40s is the one that has gone -

Photo0043.jpg

Whole unit ...

Photo0044.jpg

I went to my local car accessories place and they hadn't seen one before, is it a Nissan specific part rather than a generic fuse? If so does anyone know what the part number is?

Anyone got any ideas how to swap it? The green L shaped block doesn't seem to want to budge and I don't want to try hard in case you're supposed to remove the fuses by taking the clear plastic top off.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, I can't drive my car until it's swapped. :(

Resurrecting this old thread because I'm having exactly the same problem and I can't see the answer elsewhere on the site. My headlights and wipers have suddenly both gone so I assume it is the combined fuse. This is the yellow one in the middle pictured above. The manual just says "remove the fuse with the fuse puller and replace with a new fuse" which sounds nice and simple. However, as Cubed says, the whole unit really doesn't want to come out. There is a transparent cover to it but it isn't easy to get that off either (because of its location) and, looking through, it doesn't look like a series of individual fuses inside anyway. Any ideas for removing it?

Also, they don't look like the sort of thing I've seen at Halfords, will I have to get a replacement through Nissan?

Hello, sorry I should have updated my thread at the time.

I bought a replacement through Nissan, giving them my chassis number, they ordered it in and took a couple of days to arrive.

Cost was £8 IIRC.

It was pretty stiff to remove, I think I levered it out with a narrow screwdriver

Hope this helps.

Thanks CUBED. I ordered the part (£26 - pretty impressive inflation for two years) and swapped it in but unfortunately it made no difference. All the other electrics work, it is only the wipers and headlights that don't work, so I don't know what it could be apart from the fuse. Any ideas?

Back