how do i change the brake pads on an 04 sx

D

dariogatso

Hi, new to the site and staight in for the advice.

my fiancee has an 04 1.2 micra sx 3door that requires the front pads to be changed.

does anyone know of a site where i could have this proceedure downloaded or has anyone got a '' how to '' or general tips, have done pads on other cars but usualy i have assistance or a manual.

please advice as im of to france in it in under a week and cant afford the garage.

thanks for any advice.

d

Hello and welcome to the site! Haven't had to change mine yet as i've only done 800 mile!! Should be pretty easy though. It'll all be explained in a Haynes manual. Good luck. :wasntme:

thanks

thanks for encouragement.

as the car is going to be handed back in 6 months, i was trying to avoid having to buy a manual ( yeah im scottish ) as im tight

just incase anyone had done the job before and could advice or point me to a relveant web page etc for assistance.

thanks

take front of the car up on axle stands,
takes the wheels off,
turn the steering wheel to get better access to the pads on one side,
undo the 12 or 13mm bolt the lower one on the calliper,
lift caliper up may be a bit tight,
remove pads may also be tight to get out,
clean up the guides in the brake pad carrier, brake cleaner and a wire brush is usefull here,
undo the brake fluid bottle cap,
push back the caliper piston with some big grips, after doing both sides you might need to take some brake fluid out to get it down to the max line,
put copper slip onto the new brake pad egdes that come into contact with the guides,
put new pads back in carrier,
lower caliper down,
tighten the 12 or 13mm bolt tight!,
turn steering wheel around to get better access on the other side and do the same to that side,
pump the brake pedal before you drive off,
check brake fluid level again,
take car out to bed in the new pads, take it easy dont go mad

hope this helps

thanks

thanks for the assistance, dont worie, wont sue if i end up in a tree !

will insure the fiancee, may as well get something if it goes wrong !!

thanks

D

sorted

pads fitted and it actually stops !!

thanks for the assistance.

d

Back