Horn help :(

today my boss kit arrived, everything fits nicely but i cannot seem to get the horn working. i have a 1998 prefacelift with NO airbag (that im aware of). my boss kit contains only one wire that feeds from the back to the front, which im guessing plugs directly in to the horn. the only confusion is i dont understand how the contact is made on the back end of the boss.

im terrible when it comes to electrics so i cannot figure this out :((

Attachments

• IMG_0100.JPG
    IMG_0100.JPG
    825.6 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0101.JPG
    IMG_0101.JPG
    829.8 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0102.JPG
    IMG_0102.JPG
    995.6 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
So just confirming going in order your pictures are ; micra steering column, back of boss, front of boss? Correct?

If so power comes into the boss from the little brass sprung pin at the bottom of the micra column, this contacts on the outer ring @the back of the boss, there's a wire that takes it up to the 2 wire plug on the front of the boss. Attach your born switch to that plug, the return path / earth would be via the steering column itself. If you want to test it you could put the boss on and bridge the 2 wires in the plug the horn should sound.

So just confirming going in order your pictures are ; micra steering column, back of boss, front of boss? Correct?

If so power comes into the boss from the little brass sprung pin at the bottom of the micra column, this contacts on the outer ring @the back of the boss, there's a wire that takes it up to the 2 wire plug on the front of the boss. Attach your born switch to that plug, the return path / earth would be via the steering column itself. If you want to test it you could put the boss on and bridge the 2 wires in the plug the horn should sound.

i just noticed the back of the boss does not contact the bronze pin :( im guessing this means i need to buy another kit. unless theres any other way of wiring it?? :confused:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    864.9 KB · Views: 195
Back